Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot Drag FX to separate line on timeline, only goes over the entire clip.
BryanA2021 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2019 19:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I dragged an FX clip to a video clip on the timeline and it shows that its over the entire clip AND also below in a separate line in the timeline. But then i tried to add a different FX to a different clip, it wil only go over the entire clip and will not allow to be separated and edited. I trying playing around in the tools and such but i cannot seem to figure it out.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The type of FX matters, and you also need to specifically add an FX track on the timeline to be able to place effects there. They can't be placed on a standard A/V track, so I'm unclear on what you're seeing.

Maybe a screenshot would help. Use Alt+Print Screen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here

As you noted, all FX can be dragged directly onto a clip and will only affect that clip. Many FX can also be applied to a special FX track and they will apply to all clips on tracks above them.

Some FX, like Color Presets and Color LUTs can only be applied directly to a clip and cannot be placed on an FX track. In addition, no keyframes are available for these kinds of FX.

Does this help?