Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VST Plug in not responding
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2019 04:20 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
As part of my quest to get the perfect audio for my YT voiceovers I'm experimenting with some VST plug ins. I've recently downloaded and successfully installed the Mequaliser EQ plug in for Audiodirector.
When I click on the menu item under 'Effects' it fires up and I can tweak the controls.
The problem is it doesnt have any effect on the audio. Im wondering if there's something in the settings in AD I need to switch on.
No-one on YT seems to have an answer to this, so I'm turning to the fountain of knowledge, the venerable PD Forum ...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2021 10:05

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this link for the supported hosts of that bundle: https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/system-requirements . Scroll down to the supported hosts. AudioDirector is not on the list. See the paragraph: If your host isn't on the list, please let us know via info@meldaproduction.com and we will check it out. They also have a free user forum where you can post your questions. The last one was answered by the company staff.
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]
Aha.
I'll check that out and report back.
Thanks for the tip.
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]
I dropped them a line and heres their response:
Hi
Thanks for your email.Unfortunately, Audiodirector is not even listed among our supported DAWs.Our plugins are compatible with all the major and common known DAWs.In this case, I would recommend you to contact support of Cyberlink for more information.
But in general, I would recommend you to use any different DAW (e.g. the Reaper - tiny and completely free DAW).
Have a great day and if I can be of any further assistance, let me know.

Cheers!Lukewww.meldaproduction.com

Ive tried quite a few of these EQ plug ins with limited success. It looks like AD is on the fringe of these DAWs in this respect.

Shame. I rather liked the look and functionality of these parametric EQs. Maybe something to feed into CL for a 'nice to have'?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2021 10:23

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You could go to the AudioDirector File/Rate us and provide suggestions to send your feedback to Cyberlink about the plugins.

You may also also want to explain your problem to Cyberlink with a support ticket. Sometimes they may give a suggestion on what you can do. It can’t hurt since you are seeking answers.