Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing hangs after certain time
bolandunited [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2019 18:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've created many videos, but running into an issue with my latest project. When I produce my ~45 minute video, it stops rendering after about 7 minutes. CPU drops to 0, and it just doesn't continue. UI is still responsive, but when I click "Cancel rendering", the UI freezes and have to force close it.
It doesn't always freeze at the same time, but it's always around the 7-8 minute mark. Preview renders fine.

I've tried many things:

• Used different rendering format (H265, H264). Also tried the rendering format detection.

• Checked the video at the location it freezes; there's no new video starting or a new effect.

• Updated all drivers and BIOS

• Fast video rendering on and off (ie SVRT)

• Checked Event Viewer for logs, nothing there (except that it was no longer responsive).

• Preview during rendering on and off. When I have it on, when it freezes, after ~10 seconds the picture turns black.

• Tried the partial rendering (new feature in March 2021 update), to only render from minute 7. Then it freezes at 8:33, so a bit later then when I would start from 0 minutes.
    When rendering from minute 8 it hangs at 8:34, from minute 9 it freezes at 9:59

• Tried setting process priority to "High" as per a YT suggestion.

I've got a Ryzen 5 2600X Six Core with 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro with latest updates, should be more than sufficient. And I don't have problems with other projects.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 05. 2021 23:34

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well you've done quite a bit of diagnosing and have some unusual symptoms, especially the part about the hang happening at different points depending on where you start the partial rendering.

My guess is that somewhere you're running out of system resources due to some specific FX or edits in your project, and watching the Memory usage in Task Manager (Performance tab) or clicking on the Resource Monitor link at the bottom will probably show something.

If you're comfortable sharing the contents of your project, you can use Pack Project Materials from the File menu and upload everything to OneDrive or Google Drive then paste a publicly shareable link to it here for other members to see what happens on their systems. See this FAQ for more details.
bolandunited [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's definitely not a resource problem, memory usage sits around ~4GB and thus have 12GB free. I've also tried a Clean Boot (i.e. disabling all non MS stuff and disabling all startup items).

I'm not comfortable uploading my whole project though.

Is there anything else I can try?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Without having any idea of what's on your timeline, I can't really offer any suggestions other than to try isolating tracks one by one if you're using multiple tracks. You could also produce only the first 6 minutes of the project then proceed in similarly-sized chunks so you end up with several pre-produced sections that you can string together to produce using SVRT.

Maybe other members will have some ideas, otherwise your best course of action would probably be to contact CL tech support - although you'll likely need to share the project with them. I had a memory issue with PD17 and a Pixelan FX even though I had 20GB of available RAM. They had to do a remote session to monitor everything on my system but they figured out what was happening.

They can be reached here.
bolandunited [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Without having any idea of what's on your timeline, I can't really offer any suggestions other than to try isolating tracks one by one if you're using multiple tracks. You could also produce only the first 6 minutes of the project then proceed in similarly-sized chunks so you end up with several pre-produced sections that you can string together to produce using SVRT.

Maybe other members will have some ideas, otherwise your best course of action would probably be to contact CL tech support - although you'll likely need to share the project with them. I had a memory issue with PD17 and a Pixelan FX even though I had 20GB of available RAM. They had to do a remote session to monitor everything on my system but they figured out what was happening.

They can be reached here.

Thanks again. After some more Googling, I saw suggestions to remove the Shadow files, and to disable Hardware Decoding (under preferences). Done both, and now it renders fine!
optodata
[Post New]
I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for posting what solved your issue!