Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black and white
Ali2017 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2017 08:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have the Photodirector Mobile and want to know how to make an image black and white? I do not see a button for that. Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Use the Adjust room then set the Saturation tool to -100 (slider all the way to the left). You may also need to tweak the Contast and/or Exposure to bring out the best details once you've got a monochrome image.
[Post New]
Hello Ali2017,

The easiest way to do that is to reduce the saturation under Adjustments.

You may find you need to then adjust contrast, highlight & shadow, depending on the clarity of the original photo.

PIX

Edit: What optodata said! laughing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 03. 2021 16:53

PIX YouTube channel
Ali2017 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2017 08:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you guys. I did it.

A last question, can we edit a part of a photo? Example, I have an area on the pic which I need to edit only by sharpening, increase saturation and exposure while the rest of the area on the image stays the same.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Seems like you could do that by making a copy of the original image then making the changes to it (even though it will negatively impact the sections you want to keep as is), then go back to the original pic and add the new copy directly on top.

Once that's aligned, select the Cutout tool and use your finger to erase/keep the appropriate section so the net effect will be your original image in the background with the enhanced section overlaid on top.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2021 13:20

optodata
[Post New]
Here's what I came up with just quickly trying this out. Instead of adjusting contrast, etc., I used the original color pic and overtlaid it with the B&W version then blended in just the color telescope:

I used the opacity control to verify I had the 2 main pics aligned, then used the eraser brush from the Add Image screen to "paint away" the B&W sections of the telescope to let the color version show through
[Post New]
My goodness! Very inventive optodata! I have no idea what that yellow "thing" is, but you've done a good job of editing & overlaying.

Ali2017, unlike the desktop version of PhotoDirector PhD Mobile has no facility to create masks, which would be the standard approach to modifying only part of an image.

PIX PIX YouTube channel