Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT rendering and latest update
MusicLover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2014 17:19 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Very disappointing that this bug isn't solved in the April PD365 update. I reinstalled my previous PD18 to have SVRT rendering working.

I think they need to roll back to the latest working version globally until they are not fixing this major problem. It is their interests as well, because people will stop subscribing PD 365 and turn to one of their competitors.
milos1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Slovakia Joined: Sep 06, 2011 15:49 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Boys, I found a strange solution for using of the newest version of PD (but only if you have older version too). Instead of putting video directly on the timeline (SVRT red) I put it in old version of PD (I have version 16). Without any editing I save the project in PD 16. Then I open PD365 and instead of inserting video I insert that project from PD 16. And hurray! I have green SVRT. I discovered it 20 min. ago and using it just now during editing of my new project. Not the best way, but it works. P.S. I only tried it with one video file, but I think if you have more videos, ju can separately save them as project in older version and then import them as projects in the PD365. Good luck!
MusicLover [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Boys, I found a strange solution for using of the newest version of PD (but only if you have older version too). Instead of putting video directly on the timeline (SVRT red) I put it in old version of PD (I have version 16). Without any editing I save the project in PD 16. Then I open PD365 and instead of inserting video I insert that project from PD 16. And hurray! I have green SVRT. I discovered it 20 min. ago and using it just now during editing of my new project. Not the best way, but it works. P.S. I only tried it with one video file, but I think if you have more videos, ju can separately save them as project in older version and then import them as projects in the PD365. Good luck!

Good workaround, but I think Cyberlink should fix it quickly especially if the solution is so simple.

Unfortunately the problem is not just with SVRT. Most of the times my hardware encoding is greyed out. (It worked just fine in the previous versions)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Very disappointing that this bug isn't solved in the April PD365 update. I reinstalled my previous PD18 to have SVRT rendering working.

Just to update, SVRT works fine for everything I've tried in the April perpetual 2808 update release on 4/19. As I indicated prior, it also worked in the prior 2/4, 2521 perpetual release.

Based on that, the issue appears isolated to the PD365 community.

What was CL response to your Apr 02 ticket?

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2021 18:52

3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]

Just to update, SVRT works fine for everything I've tried in the April perpetual 2808 update release on 4/19. As I indicated prior, it also worked in the prior 2/4, 2521 perpetual release.

Based on that, the issue appears isolated to the PD365 community.

What was CL response to your Apr 02 ticket?

Jeff

This was the answer I got from Tech Support:

Hi Theo,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that on PowerDirector 365 you are unable to produce or SVRT render any format after the latest update v19.3. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your concern, we suggest closing the software and restarting your computer to see if it helps. Otherwise, please do the following:
1. Update graphics card driver to the latest. You can download the latest driver from the AMD or NVIDIA or Intel’s website listed below. If you have any problem installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
2. Check whether the installed drive has enough space on it. This is because a large amount of memory space is required for buffering. Close other applications while PowerDirector is running.
3. Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator. If you lack administrator access privileges, the CyberLink application might be unable to access the necessary files it needs.
4. Restart PC > Open the software and check the condition.
If it is still the same, we suggest completely uninstall all the CyberLink software (CAM and PDR365) then reinstall it using the link that we will provide. Kindly follow the steps below:
1. Uninstall CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) and PowerDirector 365 software in Settings/Control Panel. Then uninstall.
1.2. Select "No" when dialog popped up to ask if keep personal setting
1.3. Delete three "CyberLink" folders at below installation path:
The Default installation path if you didn't change during setup is:
--"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink"
--"C:\ProgramData\CyberLink"
--"C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\CyberLink"
(The AppData and ProgramData folder are hidden on Windows by default. To enter these folders, you have to show the hidden folders in Windows File Explorer by Microsoft instructions in advance:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files
The {USERNAME} is your account name, which applied to sign in to Windows desktop.)
2. Reboot the computer.
3. Download our most updated CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) and ensure to install all the software in C. Use the link below to download the most updated CyberLink Application Manager:
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/application-manager/download_en_US.html
4. Log in to the CyberLink Account you used to purchase PowerDirector 365 software which is the registered email XXXXXXXX
5. Click on the My Programs tab.
6. Install all the software for PowerDirector 365 and install it in your C drive.
In case the concern remains, please provide us with the following information for checking:
1. Full page screenshot of the Product Version
1.1. Launch the software.
1.2. Click the Logo of the software or the word of the software to see the Product Version or SR number.
2. Full page screenshot of the error message (if any)
To take a full-page screenshot.
1. Press PrtScrn on the upper right side of the keyboard.
2. Open Windows Paint (press the Windows button, type the word Paint then click on the result to open the program).
3. Paste the screenshot (press Ctrl+V), then save the file (in .jpg format).
3. DxDiag
3.1. Press the Windows key and type DxDiag in the search box.
3.2. Click on Dxdiag.exe.
3.3. You will see a green progress bar in the bottom-left of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window while the program is gathering information.
3.4. When the progress bar disappears, it means your report is ready.
3.5. Click Save All Information.
3.6. Save the file to your desktop (make sure it is saving as a text file) and give it a name you will remember.
4. A short video using a mobile device or screen recording of the reproduced steps until you get to the part showing the producing concern. Please save and send it as a zip file or may upload it to Google Drive cloud storage.
Screen Recording
4.1. Launch PowerDirector software.
4.2 On the Capture tab, click the Capture from screen icon (the icon with the red circle)
4.3. Select Fullscreen, and then click the REC button.
4.4. There will be a pop-up window saying that the video will start recording.
4.5. Perform the steps you did to show the concern.
4.6 To stop the recording, click on the Screen Recorder window, and then click the Stop button. It will automatically be saved on C:\Users\Username\Documents. Locate the file and send it to us.
After you uploaded the video/files to the Google Drive cloud storage, we advised you to share the video/files with a public link to us, but not by email or cloud storage account invitation so we can view it on our end. Please see the steps below:
Google Drive or click here:
https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822
1. Upload the file to Google Drive.
2. Refer to step 2 in the article "Share a link to the file".
3. Get the sharable link of the files and give the links to us.
If you do not have a cloud storage account for the video and file upload, you can register a free Google Drive account storage service provider webpage in advance. Please check the Google Drive link below.
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,
Radford
CyberLink Technical Support

I didn't follow all steps, because I don't want to reinstall everything. To my opinion there's nothing wrong with my PC, SVRT rendering worked perfect before I upgraded to March PD365 edition. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Boys, I found a strange solution for using of the newest version of PD (but only if you have older version too). Instead of putting video directly on the timeline (SVRT red) I put it in old version of PD (I have version 16). Without any editing I save the project in PD 16. Then I open PD365 and instead of inserting video I insert that project from PD 16. And hurray! I have green SVRT. I discovered it 20 min. ago and using it just now during editing of my new project. Not the best way, but it works. P.S. I only tried it with one video file, but I think if you have more videos, ju can separately save them as project in older version and then import them as projects in the PD365. Good luck!

This indeed works just for projects created in older PDversions and opened in PD365, but not for projects created in PD365.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I didn't follow all steps, because I don't want to reinstall everything. To my opinion there's nothing wrong with my PC, SVRT rendering worked perfect before I upgraded to March PD365 edition.

Totally understandable you didn't follow, often it would be very nice if support would simply try to replicate the issue vs using the first support queue card. After all, it appears several PD365 users can replicate.

Since several people have the issue, and even strange quirks of the issue like prior version projects ok, maybe PDM will intervene for proper visibility and attention at CL.

Jeff
MusicLover [Avatar]
[Post New]

Totally understandable you didn't follow, often it would be very nice if support would simply try to replicate the issue vs using the first support queue card. After all, it appears several PD365 users can replicate.

Since several people have the issue, and even strange quirks of the issue like prior version projects ok, maybe PDM will intervene for proper visibility and attention at CL.

Jeff

I wish Cyberlink would roll back to the latest working version ASAP. This version is not what we were promised to.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folk,

By way of a brief update - my latest information is that the issue is with the engineering team and they are assessing the best solution.

If/when I hear any more details I'll post accordingly.

Cheeers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
killertomato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2018 22:23 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi folk,

By way of a brief update - my latest information is that the issue is with the engineering team and they are assessing the best solution.

If/when I hear any more details I'll post accordingly.

Cheeers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks, anxiously awaiting an answer.

This is the sole feature that has me using PD365 over anything else and it's absolutely infuriating that this is the second time an update has broken the issue and their technical support would rather I jump through hoops than simply say "yeah we broke it... again, and we're working on it".

Thanks!
MusicLover [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks, anxiously awaiting an answer.

This is the sole feature that has me using PD365 over anything else and it's absolutely infuriating that this is the second time an update has broken the issue and their technical support would rather I jump through hoops than simply say "yeah we broke it... again, and we're working on it".

Thanks!

I am getting angry. This problem exists for more than a month and nothing happens. We are paying for something what we cannot use.

Cyberlink! Please give us back the last working version until you fix the problem.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

This issue appears to be fixed and we were able to help get a hotfix so users can manually patch now if they would like.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85116.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2021 21:00

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The hotfix looks like it's working on my main desktop! I just tested it with some of the same clips I tried earlier in this thread and they all had SVRT available and were produced in a couple of seconds.

The only quirk was that the first time I used Best Matched Profile, I could select the SVRT button without checking the Fast video rendering technology box. If I selected NVIDIA NVENC, the Fast box was automatically checked but I could uncheck it and select SVRT and Fast would remain deselected.

After producing with the Fast box unchecked, the next time I tried it the behavior was back to normal, and now Fast is always enabled whenever either of the two lower options are selected.

Thanks for getting this out to us!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2021 21:23

3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
As threadstarter, I also can confirm that the issue with SVRT rendering is solved after replacing the .dll with the .dll in the hotfix.
Thanks.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Here SVRT is now OK XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
MusicLover [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the patch.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 14. 2021 06:06