Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
LPCM YouTube Problem - no sound!
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2019 04:20 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All
I posted recently about audio distortion on PD365, resolved by selecting the LPCM audio setting on the 'Produce' page.
I uploaded the video this afernoon onto YouTube, but for some reason there was no audio on the uploaded YT film. The audio on the file I uploaded was fine.
I suspected the issue might be the LPCM setting, so I re-producedthe file with AAC. Uploaded to YT and the sound was present.
Any thoughts folks?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's not LPCM because I just uploaded the test clip I made from the other thread to YouTube and it plays fine (there's no video portion)

What LPCM settings did you use? This is what MediaInfo shows for the test clip:

Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've attached the audio data (how do you paste directly?!)
When I had uploaded the file to YT I tried to play it. The video was perfect, but no sound. I did check YT's preferred audio frmats and it didn't mention LPCM, so that's why I suspected it might be the problem.
I'm hoping there is a solution as the LPCM approach solves the audio distortion.
As we discussed in the previous post, I used 1536 Kbps LPCM.
When I re'produced' the video in PD365 (latest version) using AAC and 256Kbps it worked fine on YT.
Here's the film - https://youtu.be/3U6ap9BcIK0
As always, your help is very much appreciated cool
[Thumb - Audio Data.JPG]
 Filename
Audio Data.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Just to be clear, is the YT link you provided for the AAC or LPCM clip? I hear your narration and music when I watch it in Edge.

Also attaching files is the normal way to upload and share them, but if you want to post images inline, please see this discussion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2021 14:48

Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]
The YT link is for the AAC upload where the soundtack was audible.
optodata
[Post New]
If you like, I can send you a private message with a link you can use to send the full LPCM clip to my OneDrive account. I can then try uploading it to YouTube on my channel to test it.

It'll be unlisted so nobody can see it without the link I'll share here.
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thats really kind of you.
Yes please!
Maybe give me some advice on my riding too 😏
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Maybe give me some advice on my riding too 😏

Ha, I've only ridden human-powered bikes so I wouldn't trust any tips I shared

I've sent the link and will update here once I've had a chance to run it up to YT and back.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Back2TheBike -

I've been using LPCM renders for YouTube for some years & can't recall any issue with no audio. Not saying my memory is 100% fail safe though.

Also...

I did check YT's preferred audio frmats and it didn't mention LPCM

Is this the page you checked? It states "PCM audio in WAV container"

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2021 16:30

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
[Post New]
I see the same problem after uploading the clip on my YT account. There's also something about the clip that caused the YT Studio tab in Edge to crash every time I tried to upload it, and I finally got it uploading using Opera.

Since the problem was still present, I ran the clip through PD365 using the Best Matched Profile. That automatically selected AAC so I manually changed to LPCM before producing. After uploading that version, everything works as expected:

I've placed that clip in the OneDrive folder, and with your permission I'll share that with the forum so other people can examine it.

Meanwhile, I don't see any difference at all in the MediaInfo audio specs between the two clips. There are only a couple minor differences with regard to video reference frames, so I have no idea what's going on.

I will say that I could upload my clip without crashing Edge, so there does seem to be something amiss with the clip that your system produced.
[Thumb - MediInfo.jpg]
 Filename
MediInfo.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
comparison with original clip on left
 Filesize
772 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The attached mediainfo.jpg looks very familiar when using the default avc 1080/30p mp4 profile. I haven’t changed the audio to lpcm or uploaded them to YouTube. The Format settings, Reference frames, ? Ref Frames is due to the encoding used. On mine in place of the ?:
2 = cpu only encode
3 = Intel QS encode
4 = Nvidia hve encode

It looks like maybe Back2TheBike used cpu encoding and optodata possibly used Nvidia encoding.
optodata
[Post New]
That's helpful info. I did use NVENC, but I don't know the if choice of hardware producing might have any direct relation to the audio issue.

In the other related thread, OP had to use LPCM because AAC wasn't working well, so there must be something about his system and/or these clips that creates some incompatibilites. I didn't hear the same level of distortion when I used the original AAC settings, but maybe I'll create a custom profile with CL's suggested AAC settings and see if that might solve both issues.
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]
You guys have been busy while I've been sleeping here in the UK! Im blown over by your expertise and willingness to help. Grateful to all of you.
You mention it might be my system. A few years old now:

• AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 cores 3.5GHz

• 12GB RAM

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

It took about 20 mins to render the film.
I should mention Ive never had this problem before and have uploaded over 100 videos to YT.
[Post New]
Meanwhile, I don't see any difference at all in the MediaInfo audio specs between the two clips.

You mean on HDD? Because YT will re-encode the video and audio regardless what you feed it.
Their recomandations for audio are actually not very usefull - they recommend to encode audio at 48kHz, but if you DL any clip from YT it will have audio at 44.1kHz.