Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to force a refresh of input files?
haeffnkr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2021 15:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am using ver 9 on a chromebook and have had multiple issues with PowerDirector recognizing the files.

Where do I click to force a refresh of the input files so I can edit them in PD?

I have done reboots and nothing works.... then I give up and try again some other time and I might see the file.

Please help!

thanks Haeffnkr
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not clear on whether your clips are in the locations that show up in the mobile app but they aren't displayed for some reason, or if the locations where the desired clips are on the Chromebook aren't being displayed as import options.

The more details you can provide, the more likely it is that someone here can help you.
haeffnkr [Avatar]
[Post New]
This ----
locations where the desired clips are on the Chromebook aren't being displayed as import options

Whether I put the file to be edited by PD on a micro sd, usb stick or copy from a phone or downloaded directly into chromebook storage, at times, PD will not pick up the new file. After several reboots it wont show up. Then for some reason the next day it likely will find the file and I can then import/edit it.

When this happens I can always find and open/play the file with the Chromebook. The chromebook always see it immediately.

How can I force PD to refresh the file locations?

When I go to the video import page PD shows all the files it sees availble in various folders and storage liocations, that are in some old cache or something, but I dont get to select a location or browse to it and force it to look in the updated folder, sd card or usb stick.

This is very frustrating and has happened several times on several versions over the last year.

thanks haeffnkr
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's very interesting. On my Android phone, each time I go to a new folder it looks like the app scans the folder and subfolders right then because I see new content appearing one at a time for several seconds.

Scanning is especially noticeable in my Google Drive folder, and I don't see any caching there at all. If I close the app and reopen it then try to add media from the Google Drive folder, it's blank until the entire folder is scanned.

Maybe that means the issue isn't the cache or finding the clips but maybe it's what types of clips the app can reliably detect.

Is there a specific file type that you're having trouble with? I imagine MP4 and MOV and probably WMV clips would always work, but maybe less common file types like MTS, M2TS, M4V or VOB clips might not show up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2021 21:30

haeffnkr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Always standard *.mp4 files is what I am editing. Nothing wierd.
optodata
[Post New]
Sounds like you might want to open a support request directly with Cyberlink. You can do that from this page, and you should include a link to this forum discussion so they can see everything discussed so far.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried clearing the cache of the app?

Hoepfully this works on the Chromebook OS. Go to Settings > Apps > PowerDirector > Storage > Clear Cache (bottom of the page). Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.