Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector android: how to use Pan & Zoom for advanced purposes ?
Mino260806 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2021 15:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

If one of you use PowerDirector on android, you might have noticed that this feature is very limited: you only set start and end of it. That's not a big problem for me, but my real issue is that when I want to zoom and then zoom out again I can't make the end position of the first part exactly the same as the starting position of the second one.

Any workarounds on how to use this feature in my situation (zoom in and out in the same video) ?

Simple Pan & Zoom Demo

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Without keyframes, I don't think you can do that without a lot of extra steps.

If you set the starting/ending zooms for the entire clip then split it where you want to start zooming out, the first section will work as expected with a smooth zoom in. However, the next section will start at the original scale and position, so you'd have to try and match everything as closely as possible to continue exactly where the first section left off. You'll have to do that each time you want to change the zoom direction or level.

If you have the Windows version of PD, you can upload the project to Cyberlink Cloud or Google Drive and import it into the desktop app which has the tools to do what you're looking for quickly and easily.

Otherwise, you can request to have that level of functionality added to the mobile app from Settings > FAQs & Send Feedback.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
If one of you use PowerDirector on android, you might have noticed that this feature is very limited: you only set start and end of it. That's not a big problem for me, but my real issue is that when I want to zoom and then zoom out again I can't make the end position of the first part exactly the same as the starting position of the second one.
Any workarounds on how to use this feature in my situation (zoom in and out in the same video) ?
Simple Pan & Zoom Demo

1. Add your clip to the overlay track

2. Tap the clip

3. Use two fingers to scale up and fit the screen

4. Tap Transform Keyframe

5. Move the playhead to the position where you want the zoom to begin

6. Add a keyframe

7. Take note of the X, Y, and Scale parameters

8. Move the playhead to the point where you want to zoom in to end

9. Use two fingers to zoom in

10. Use one finger to move to the position you want

11. A keyframe should be added automatically

12. Move the playhed to the position where you want the zoom out to begin

13. Add a keyframe

14. Move the playhead to the position where you want the zoom out to end

15. Use two fingers to scale down as close to the original scale position as possible

16. Use one finger to move as close to the X & Y positions as possible

17. A keyframe will be automatically created

I hope this helps.