Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sky Replacement tool
RobC99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2019 14:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
It appears that Cyberlink have implemented a sky replacement tool on the subscription product, which is similar to that on Skylum Luminar4 and Luminar AI. Can the Sky replacement tool be added to PhotoDirector 12 Ultra standalone? That is, the non-subscription product.
PhotoDirector 12 Ultra is the main tool that I use, but I do have to revert to Luminar for "Sky work".
If it is available, then can I easily add my own sky images, which again is a feature on Luminar versions?
I am quite prepared to pay for the feature to be enabled but would then like to be able to have control of the effects / styles.
I am just a rank amateur who basically wants to buy a product that may require expense for upgrades, but does not want to be encumbered by a continuous subscription expenditure. I.E. I want to decide when I want to pay for the "new features", that is if I would ever require them.
As an aside. Does anyone know if Cyberlink are going to completely stop the support / upgrade of the standalone PhotoDirector product. If they are, then this is one customer lost.

Sorry for the rant.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2021 07:30

[Post New]
Hello RobC99,

I'm afraid nothing I write here is likely to alleviate your concerns, except that (as far as I'm aware) CyberLink has no plans to end support/upgrades/development of the lifetime licence versions of their products, including PhotoDirector.

It's true that quite a number of new features & plugins have only been made available in the subscription versions, including the Sky Replacement tool.

There is a general market move to subscription based software (not with Skylum apparently), and CyberLink has chosen to offer both options to customers (subscription & lifetime). New features included only in subscription versions probably act as inducements to switch.

Though the Sky Replacement tool cannot be added to the lifetime license version, you can submit suggestions via the Help menu in PhD.

PIX PIX YouTube channel