Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to make the quake effect's frequency rise and fall smoothly?
jerry___ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 23:23 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I know that you can adjust its frequency (or strength, whatever you want to call it, basically how hard it shakes to put it simply) for the effect, but I wanted to know if there was a way to make it increase and decrease again, so the shaking becomes more violent smoothly. I tried splitting the effect and adjusting the frequency but the transition just isn't smooth. Sorry if none of what I said makes any sense but it's kind of hard to describe, I can provide more details if you're unsure what any of this means.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
All you need to do is use the Keyframe tool to set the shaking intensity at different levels as the clip progresses:

jerry___ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote All you need to do is use the Keyframe tool to set the shaking intensity at different levels as the clip progresses:

If I do this will the shaking transition smoothly though or will it just cut to the next Keyframe?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I do this will the shaking transition smoothly though or will it just cut to the next Keyframe?

The effect will smoothly transition from one intensity to the next, so you may want to set two keyframes of the same intentisty to maintain that level then transition to a lower intensity.

To ramp up from there, place a second lower intensity keyframe when you want the quiet period to end then add a higher one where you want the shaking to be more intense. You can do that as many times as you want.
jerry___ [Avatar]
[Post New]

The effect will smoothly transition from one intensity to the next, so you may want to set two keyframes of the same intentisty to maintain that level then transition to a lower intensity.

To ramp up from there, place a second lower intensity keyframe when you want the quiet period to end then add a higher one where you want the shaking to be more intense. You can do that as many times as you want.
Ok thank you