Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
An audio glitch and I'm unsure of the cause
TheGreatLordDerptah [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2021 13:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a YouTuber, and recently figured out how to fix a desync issue with my audio and video while editing, so I was able to edit a lot of things in my latest video. Now, while I was watching through the completed video at some points (after a song or soundeffect ended, or in one case when I zoomed into an image) the audio would sound robotic and, well broken. I thought nothing of it, assuming that these bugs were just an issue with Cyberlink and it wasn't going to carry over to YouTube. I was wrong, and the first video that I actually put effort into editing was ruined. I'm fairly new to this software so I might not understand your answers, so if I don't understand a certain word, that's why. Thanks!
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
What is the origin of your audio?

Is it from camcorder video? Was it recorded to your computer using audio software? Is it from some other source and, if so, what are its specs?
TheGreatLordDerptah [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2021 13:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
[quotePostId=350679]What is the origin of your audio?

Is it from camcorder video? Was it recorded to your computer using audio software? Is it from some other source and, if so, what are its specs?[/quotePostId]

I use OBS to record, and the raw video is great quality, no sound glitches or anything, the problem is definitely in cyberlink.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Interestingly, I saw a reference to OBS audio on another forum this morning with another person complaining about issues.

Do you know the specs of the audio that software produces?

Open one of your OBS clips in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the complete specs of its report and post it to this forum.

It could well reveal why audio exported from this software is giving some editors problems.