Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to play a dvd with menus and chapters on a usb on any device(Pc and dvd player)
samxdsoza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2021 12:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hi i have a dvd with menus and chapters and i want to copy the dvd on my usb and play it with menus and chapters
I copied all the files from the dvd onto my usb
It plays well on my computer but when i put the usb on my dvd player. It's not reading the files
I tried so many methods
like converting the files into mpg or mp4 -> but that just removes the menus and chapters

i would like to know from you
How to play a dvd with menus and chapters on a usb on any device(Pc and dvd player)
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, this won't work if converted to MP4 file. You need to create a disc image file, and then mount the disc image in a video player like Powerdvd and then play it back.

Dave
samxdsoza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2021 12:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yeah, this won't work if converted to MP4 file. You need to create a disc image file, and then mount the disc image in a video player like Powerdvd and then play it back.

Dave

yeah like i said it plays well on my pc but cant read or play on my tv or dvd player
I just want to know a method of copying the dvd on my usb and include all menus and chapters

i need it to play on any device

there has to be a solution for this

guys pls help me out

Is there any special usb i have to buy to make this work

my purpose of doing this is i dont want to carry so many cd's with me
insated put everything on a 64 bit usb or so
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I just tried copying the dvd contents to a newly created folder on my usb flash drive containing previous avchd material. It works perfectly with menus and chapters on my sony standalone BD player.

See this post for further help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63057.page#346782 . It is possible that the brand and model of the standalone drive makes a big difference on whether it will work or not on a particular device. As Jets2011 mentioned, my HTPC can play both dvd images and folders using PDVD. It doesn’t matter what the medium it is on.