Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock and license question
pjvader
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2014 08:50 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, could i please check what resolution the shutterstock videos are please i.e. 1080p/4K or are their different options to download specific res/framerate etc?
and with 365 does it update to the latest versions as long as you are still subscribing, i.e. if 20 is released will it give you the option to update
i did try searching for the answers but couldn't find them sorry thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pjvader -

The videos I've downloaded from Shutterstock, via PDR365, are mostly 1920x1080, with occasional 1280x720. They're usually MP4 or MOV files, with a mixture of frame rates & bitrates.

Just did a random check of a few downloaded files: Framerates are typically 29.97, 30, 24, or 25fps. Bitrates in the samples I checked ranged from <1Mbps - >40Mbps.

The PDR Comparison chart states "tens of thousands royalty-free stock footage from Shutterstock". I'm not aware whether this is a static arrangement or whether new content becomes available from time to time.

As a side note, I've found no copyright issues with any Shutterstock content I've uploaded to YouTube.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote and with 365 does it update to the latest versions as long as you are still subscribing, i.e. if 20 is released will it give you the option to update

Hello,
To answer this question, that is correct. 365 subcribers will get the update to PowerDirector 20 when it is released, as long as their subscription is still valid.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi pjvader -

The videos I've downloaded from Shutterstock, via PDR365, are mostly 1920x1080, with occasional 1280x720.

I can confirm that the highest resolution I've found has been 1920x1080. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.