Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot see new Advanced Transition pack
Foizu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2017 02:39 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I Cannot see or get access to new Advanced Split Transition pack which I installed recently? I can see it in the folder where it was installed but I dont think it installed corretly so I reinstalled again 3 times but still cannot see it in the Cyberlink Power director 19 program?? Am I doing something wrong and can somebody step me through the process of a successful install for future reference please and tell me where to find once installed.

Thanks to anybody that replies.

Foizu
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You may need to close PowerDirector and open it again to see the new content.

You should then see a red dot next to the transition room (which means something new has been added), and another red dot next to Split - Basic Transitions when you expand it:
Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may need to close PowerDirector and open it again to see the new content.

You should then see a red dot next to the transition room (which means something new has been added), and another red dot next to Split - Basic Transitions when you expand it:
Thanks for your help but Tried all of that and its still not showing red dot? I also looked in control panel and it shows as installed but there is zero file size in folder but it still shows the name its as if it has only installed an empty folder with no transitions inside??
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The red dot will only appear the first time PD is opened after installing the pack. After you click on it the red dot will disappear.

Which folder are you looking at that has no files in it? The default folder for all transition packs is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Cache\DSPCache\Transition

There should be 20 PNG files there with names starting with DSP_TR_Split_
Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The red dot will only appear the first time PD is opened after installing the pack. After you click on it the red dot will disappear.

Which folder are you looking at that has no files in it? The default folder for all transition packs is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Cache\DSPCache\Transition

There should be 20 PNG files there with names starting with DSP_TR_Split_

Ok! I found the folder with transitions in the path you advised and they are all there. How do I get Cyberlink to see them and allow access?
Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]

Ok! I found the folder with transitions in the path you advised and they are all there. How do I get Cyberlink to see them and allow access?

Sorry but they are not the transitions which I thought were the Advanced Split Transitions set! They are just the new Director 19 standard transitions which come with the program..Sorry
Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sorry but they are not the transitions which I thought were the Advanced Split Transitions set! They are just the new Director 19 standard transitions which come with the program..Sorry

When I reinstall it installs to automatically into below folder with no effect!

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates

I also installed to your path with no effect

C:\Users\X299 jr\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Cache\DSPCache

I reboot 2 or 3 times but still no transitions showing I also noted that I have 2 other transition packs which I purchased previously with version 18 but forgot about them and they did not install also???
optodata
[Post New]
I honestly don't know what's happening on your system. Maybe try uninstalling everything and starting over will help.

If you still have your PD18 installer file(s), run that first so that all the packs you got wtih it will be installed. You don't have to uninstall PD18 when you install PD19/365.

Once PD19 is installed, see if the PD18 packs are present. If they are, then close PD19 and try adding the Split Transitions pack.

If you're still having problems after doing that, you should open a support tickect with Cyberlink tech support so they can assist you. You can do that from this page.
Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I honestly don't know what's happening on your system. Maybe try uninstalling everything and starting over will help.

If you still have your PD18 installer file(s), run that first so that all the packs you got wtih it will be installed. You don't have to uninstall PD18 when you install PD19/365.

Once PD19 is installed, see if the PD18 packs are present. If they are, then close PD19 and try adding the Split Transitions pack.

If you're still having problems after doing that, you should open a support tickect with Cyberlink tech support so they can assist you. You can do that from this page.

OK will do thanks for your time and advice.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I would do, uninstall the transition package at, Programs and Features.
And install again through the Aplication Manager

[Thumb - transition.jpg]
 Filename
transition.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 20. 2021 05:38

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I would do, uninstall the transition package at, Programs and Features.
And install again through the Aplication Manager

Did what you reccomended but still no show?? Cant figure out why! Any more ideas please?
Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]

Did what you reccomended but still no show?? Cant figure out why! Any more ideas please?

Forgot to mention that when looking in the control panel after install it showed the program but it had no size on disc? all the other effects packs had some size showing?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Most (all?) of the transition packs I have appear to show NO size indeed. They all work for me though.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Forgot to mention that when looking in the control panel after install it showed the program but it had no size on disc? all the other effects packs had some size showing?

I was referring to the PD19 / 365 packages that came with the product.
I read that you bought transition packs.
In this case, "I think" maybe you use another way to install and activate with serial XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Foizu -

I hope I'm not throwing a spanner into the works here, but I've come across the same issue with one (very old) PC with PDR365 installed.

Application Manager says that Split - Advanced Transitions Pack is installed, but there's no sign of those transitions in PDR. On a different (newer) PC, the same transitions are available in PDR.

It's possible (but I don't know) that those transitions require something my (very old) PC doesn't have??? One of the more technically astute members might be able to chime in on this.

Old PC (no Split - Advanced or Basic transitions available) - i7 920 8GB RAM GTX260 (still going!)
Newer PC (all transitions available) - i9 7900X 64GB RAM GTX1080i

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

When I reinstall it installs to automatically into below folder with no effect!

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates

I also installed to your path with no effect

C:\Users\X299 jr\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Cache\DSPCache

I reboot 2 or 3 times but still no transitions showing I also noted that I have 2 other transition packs which I purchased previously with version 18 but forgot about them and they did not install also???

Hi,
From your description, are you oprating PDR19 perpetual license, and did you purchase the pack?
]https://www.cyberlink.com/products/add-ons/split-advanced-transitions_en_US.html?productName=powerdirector&catName1=design-pack&catName2=all

With PDR19/365 subscription license the extraction and installation of the pack is done via CAM and should install to the folder mentioned.
[C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Cache\DSPCache\Transition]

If you did purchase the pack, then manually installed it - perhaps more than once - then I suspect the extraction process has gone wrong somehow.

In either case, if PDR is not picking up the installed effect, probably time to pass it on to CS.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
From your description, are you oprating PDR19 perpetual license, and did you purchase the pack?
]https://www.cyberlink.com/products/add-ons/split-advanced-transitions_en_US.html?productName=powerdirector&catName1=design-pack&catName2=all

With PDR19/365 subscription license the extraction and installation of the pack is done via CAM and should install to the folder mentioned.
[C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Cache\DSPCache\Transition]

If you did purchase the pack, then manually installed it - perhaps more than once - then I suspect the extraction process has gone wrong somehow.

In either case, if PDR is not picking up the installed effect, probably time to pass it on to CS.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi

Firstly thanks for your help

I am running a newer pc and a reinstalled PD19 with recent upgraded patch as of 21-3-21 I still cannot see the new Split Advanced transitions?? for some reason it will not install no matter which method I use. My program is a stand alone PD19 not the 365 subscription and I purchase the packs separately. Any otherways which I can try as this is getting very frustrating.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2021 06:55

Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Foizu -

I hope I'm not throwing a spanner into the works here, but I've come across the same issue with one (very old) PC with PDR365 installed.

Application Manager says that Split - Advanced Transitions Pack is installed, but there's no sign of those transitions in PDR. On a different (newer) PC, the same transitions are available in PDR.

It's possible (but I don't know) that those transitions require something my (very old) PC doesn't have??? One of the more technically astute members might be able to chime in on this.

Old PC (no Split - Advanced or Basic transitions available) - i7 920 8GB RAM GTX260 (still going!)
Newer PC (all transitions available) - i9 7900X 64GB RAM GTX1080i

Cheers - Tony

HI Tony

Thanks for your imput..Hmmmm sounds interesting? my machine set up is

Win 10
Asus X299-MOBO
32GB water cooled
i7-7740

Will look into that for sure but I am surprised CYberlink has not mentioned it , if that is an issue? but it sounds possible now that I look at it. I cannot afford another machine upgrade so I will try and solve it another way then stop purchasing the packs until I upgrade in the future, if this is the problem.

cheers

Foizu
Foizu [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi Helpful person

I did a full uninstall of PD and all packs and cleared all traces off my machine. I did a full install of PD 19 and patch upgrade and full re install of all packs I own to your reccomended path and ......IT WORKS! no idea why becuase i tried it before? but it must have something to do with where it installed the pack originally?

I have other pack which are not recent but never showed up before, where do these need to install to?

Font pack by Morisawa 2017

Thank again for your help

Foizu