Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 Only Producing Part of the Video
Alex H [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2021 13:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When attempting to produce my project, PowerDirector is only creating video for a small portion of the project. The project length is just over 10 minutes, but only 2 minutes and 43 seconds of the project is being converted into video.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is occuring. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
PD would only produce a part of the timeline, when you select that part with the yellow blocks around the pointer, see
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/19_01_00_producing_range.html
otherwise PD will in principle produce everything that is in your timeline or timelines.

I would check, in case you use multiple tracks whether all tracks that should be part of the production, are indeed selected. Otherwise, maybe make a small screen-recording of what you do so that we can see what happens and give more suggestions?
metalcarver [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2022 21:47 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When attempting to produce my project, PowerDirector is only creating video for a small portion of the project. The project length is just over 10 minutes, but only 2 minutes and 43 seconds of the project is being converted into video.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is occuring. Any help is greatly appreciated.

And I only get 1 min 26 seconds of a 3-1/2 min project. I followed the directions for producing a project exactly. Checked all the file paths 800 gb available ssd 2 tb on hard disk. Win 11 . When I go to the production page the preview time readout only shows a small portion of the time for the project. Have not selected a small part both yellow markers are together at the biginning of the preview screen. This happened before so I started the project all over again. When in the timeline mode I can view the entire video perfectly but whenf I produce it only a small part comes through.

"I have no mouth and I must scream"
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD will always produce the full project when you click on the Produce button. There's no way for it to not do that, unless you have disabled some of the tracks that you have content on. In that case, PD will only produce the content on the enabled tracks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD will always produce the full project when you click on the Produce button. There's no way for it to not do that, unless you have disabled some of the tracks that you have content on. In that case, PD will only produce the content on the enabled tracks.

Sure there is a way, user just has to define "Mark In/Out" markers on Produce preview.

Quote And I only get 1 min 26 seconds of a 3-1/2 min project. I followed the directions for producing a project exactly. Checked all the file paths 800 gb available ssd 2 tb on hard disk. Win 11 . When I go to the production page the preview time readout only shows a small portion of the time for the project. Have not selected a small part both yellow markers are together at the biginning of the preview screen. This happened before so I started the project all over again. When in the timeline mode I can view the entire video perfectly but whenf I produce it only a small part comes through.

"I have no mouth and I must scream"

Post a pic of your Produce page, it's unclear to me your position of yellow markers, on the Produce preview they should not be together at the beginning as stated. Additionally, the preview timecode should not be truncated.

Also provide which version of PD you currently have, OP was PD365 but release PD19 with PD365 updates at the time and some bugs existed in these markers.

Jeff
metalcarver [Avatar]
[Post New]
I really want to produce the entire video. I don't know why you get hung up on range . I have not selected a range and I want to produce the whole thing. I edited and put together the entire project and it plays perfectly for 3-1/2 minutes. I click on produce and it goes to the production page. On the preview pane on the production page it shows I have 1 min 26 seconds to produced out of a 3-1/2 minute video and that is all that it will produce. I have not selected anhy range... when I do select the entire video with the range markers and then click produce range. It produces 1 minute 26 seconds even though the production preview window shows the entire 3-1/2 minutes on the timer window.

Power director wants to store the project in OneDrive. I have disabled onedrive as much as I can but I still have to watch the filepath and reset it . I never specified onedrive in any of the setup options in powerdirector and this is a brand new install.

On the new install I opened my project from the pds file and it was all there. Played perfectly. And when I clicked on produce it only gives me 1 minute and 26 seconds and the remainder of the time is black screen. I have clips on the track one video and titles on track 2. Nothing on the lower tracks.

After this experience with windows 11 I really wish I had gone apple.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I really want to produce the entire video. I don't know why you get hung up on range . I have not selected a range and I want to produce the whole thing. I edited and put together the entire project and it plays perfectly for 3-1/2 minutes. I click on produce and it goes to the production page. On the preview pane on the production page it shows I have 1 min 26 seconds to produced out of a 3-1/2 minute video and that is all that it will produce. I have not selected anhy range... when I do select the entire video with the range markers and then click produce range. It produces 1 minute 26 seconds even though the production preview window shows the entire 3-1/2 minutes on the timer window.

Power director wants to store the project in OneDrive. I have disabled onedrive as much as I can but I still have to watch the filepath and reset it . I never specified onedrive in any of the setup options in powerdirector and this is a brand new install.

On the new install I opened my project from the pds file and it was all there. Played perfectly. And when I clicked on produce it only gives me 1 minute and 26 seconds and the remainder of the time is black screen. I have clips on the track one video and titles on track 2. Nothing on the lower tracks.

After this experience with windows 11 I really wish I had gone apple.

I guess PD might be having issue with what's in your timeline around the 01:26 mark during Produce. Convert the clip near this timecode in the timeline to a basic H.264 with Handbrake and see if you have better luck.

Export folder is set in pref > File and often not reset on simple reinstallation.

Jeff
metalcarver [Avatar]
[Post New]

I guess PD might be having issue with what's in your timeline around the 01:26 mark during Produce. Convert the clip near this timecode in the timeline to a basic H.264 with Handbrake and see if you have better luck.

Export folder is set in pref > File and often not reset on simple reinstallation.

Jeff

This is an absolutely fresh install. I have uninstalled OneDrive, doesn't show on the app list. I was particularly payijng attention to file paths on the new powerdirector install and nowhere was anything shown about onedrive. But when I went to produce it automatically defaulted to a directory tree under OneDrive. This was supplied by PowerDirector and not me.

The wall I keep hitting might be related to the file size limitation of onedrive but like I said, It is uninstalled. The default file path in powerdirector is under onedrive.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
But when I went to produce it automatically defaulted to a directory tree under OneDrive. This was supplied by PowerDirector and not me......

Hi,

Does this similar topic shed any light on the issue?
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85447.page#post_box_353555

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
metalcarver [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Does this similar topic shed any light on the issue?
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85447.page#post_box_353555

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I think that identified the problem but no sollution for me. Went to attach some screen shots but this forum needs it to be hosted at a url. So out of luck again.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

.........Went to attach some screen shots but this forum needs it to be hosted at a url. So out of luck again.

Hi,

Using the attachments button below your Reply allows 3 files to be attached from your local drive - does that help?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do