Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clip in timeline editor different than clip currently playing
Androtti [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2021 10:22 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
In reference to my question, please see image attachment. Q: Why is the video clip in the timeline editor different than what is playing? This is happening repeatedly. Very confusing when editing. What is going on?
[Thumb - Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 6.20.57 AM.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 6.20.57 AM.png
[Disk]
 Description
Clip
 Filesize
546 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2021 08:51

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what's going on. What happens if you place a different clip on the timeline, and do NOT let the app convert your clip for better editing performance? Also try creating a new project and importing that same clip and see if you still see the wrong content.
Androtti [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure what's going on. What happens if you place a different clip on the timeline, and do NOT let the app convert your clip for better editing performance? Also try creating a new project and importing that same clip and see if you still see the wrong content.

Also is there a button that returns me to the very beginning so I do not need to manually scroll back each time?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think there's any other way to return to the beginning, but you can click on the settings icon and go to Tutorials & Tips to learn more.

Also there's a brand new version out with a new user interface, so make sure you've updated to v9.0.0.
Androtti [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't think there's any other way to return to the beginning, but you can click on the settings icon and go to Tutorials & Tips to learn more.

Also there's a brand new version out with a new user interface, so make sure you've updated to v9.0.0.

Thanks. That would br a useful feature to add wouldn't you think? Where best do I submit suggestions that will get read?
optodata
[Post New]
In my opinion a single firm swipe right takes about the same effort as tapping on a "go home" button, but you can let CL know you'd like to have that added from Settings > FAQ & Send Feedback
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In reference to my question, please see image attachment. Q: Why is the video clip in the timeline editor different than what is playing? This is happening repeatedly. Very confusing when editing. What is going on?

Have you tried clearing the cache of the app to see if that resets the files?

Go to Settings > Apps > PowerDirector > Storage > Clear Cache (bottom of the page).