Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Picture in top-right of movie
NIKI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2009 17:47 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Users,

Can someone please make me a file, that I can use in Powerdirector 8.0 as Ive just downloaded?
The picture is this one:
http://www.pro-street.dk/PSfilm.jpg
- What I want is the picture to be on my carmovie, in the top-right of the screen all the time when the movie is shown.

When I try to do it, the quality of the picture is very poor, and there is a border around it except I just made it on a transperent background in Photoshop.

So please help!

Thanks

Best regards
Niki
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
When you have it as a transparent image in PhotoShop, did you export it as a transparent gif?

Click on Help > Export Transparent Image
Click Ok (maybe Next)
Select Online and click next
Select PNG and click Next
Choose a name and save.

With that said, here it is, although I can't tell if it looks very good from this. It seems to retain some of the white around the text.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii216/SpringCityMotorsports/temp/niki.png

Might have to do with the "matte" setting in Photoshop during the save of the png.

Try This one:
http://customercomputing.com/files/niki2.png

Does that remove the fringe for you?

P.S. I am assuming that this is your image, right?
NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jamie - No, I did export it as a JPG in the highest quality as is available (Quality 12). Maybe thats a problem?

Fred - Yes, it is my own picture - My logo for my website. I use this on every of our pictures, on our fysical banner, on our website and lots of other places, ex. in our movies.

Guys: Im at my girlfriend atm, so please leave the pictures online for some days untill im home again, so I can try with your versions of the pictures, and then I will answer you if it did work.

Btw - Thanks a lot for the help, I hope it works!
NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey guys!

The picture does work now in my movie, and it is very good quality too!
Thanks so much!

- So when I have to do something like this with a picture top-right of the movie, the pictures just have to be in .png instead of .jpg before it works?

:
[Post New]
PNG has a transparency component with greater color palette than a GIF. JPG does not allow a transparency.

Watch the "Matte" setting when you save as this may determine the "fringe" color you see around the image when used (if it exists). I removed the white fringe from your image (in my version) by selecting the black and "contracting" the selection by one pixel.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2009 14:28

NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cool..

I wanna save this topic for further videos with this problem.
: