Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rotate clips in 3D?
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Is there a way to rotate a clip along the x or y axis, i.e., any of the four sides rotate toward or away from the viewer? If so, how?

Thanks,

Jim PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Someone asked almost the same question in the PD19 forum this morning. You won't be able to open the sample project in PD18 but the steps and other suggestions may help.
Popyss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2021 17:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
you're right)
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Someone asked almost the same question in the PD19 forum this morning. You won't be able to open the sample project in PD18 but the steps and other suggestions may help.

Thank you,optodata for the suggestion. First, my apologies for accidently posting here in v. 18 forum; I have 365.

Your example is related, but not what I want to do. In the attached snapshot of the video, I would like to have everyone angled in toward the center. So I need to pull the left edge of the left-side people forward, and the right edge of the the right-side people forward. Once I rotate the clips, I don't want any further movement. People on the outer columns will be angled in more. Make sense?

Jim
[Thumb - SnapShot.jpg]
 Filename
SnapShot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
205 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's the exact same technique, but you'd need to apply the freeform adjustments to each individual clip.

You'd probably also want to match the freeform keyframes for all clips in each column so they'd look something like the left side in this jury-rigged project using your screenshot:

Since you have PD365, you can download this packed project from here to see the kinds of freeform settings I used. I simply rotated each of the left side columns in your entire screenshot, whereas you'll want to use freeform keyframes on each clip.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can produce your video and then apply the Fix/Enhance/ Lens Correction/ Fisheye distortion/ up to +100 for a curved pincushion effect. This in combination with the PiP Designer should cover what can be done for the final production. See the screenshot.

EDIT: Optodata answered first and his finding is what I would do in creating the bent layer curved effect.
[Thumb - JSC.jpg]
 Filename
JSC.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Curved screen wrap around effect on produced video.
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)