Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Change project aspect ratio
AAR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2021 08:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I've several projects in 16:9 vertical format.
I'd like to produce them in 1:1 changing the aspect ratio (then modifying content in order to have them centered in the new format).

Is there a way to change it?

I found that is possible in the PC version of powerdirector but I cannot find the option in the android mobile app.

Regards,
Alessandro
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't ried before, but it looks like the only time you can set the project AR is when you create a new project:

Other than manually recreating the entire project from scratch for the new AR, the only other thing I can think of would be to export the project to Cyberlink Cloud or Google Drive and import it into the desktop version. There you're free to change the AR and make the desired changes before producing to the new size.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
I've several projects in 16:9 vertical format.
I'd like to produce them in 1:1 changing the aspect ratio (then modifying content in order to have them centered in the new format).

Is there a way to change it?

I found that is possible in the PC version of powerdirector but I cannot find the option in the android mobile app.

Regards,
Alessandro

Produce the project > Start a new project using the aspect ratio you want > import te produced video > produce