Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 - Crashing Computer - kernel mode heap corruption?
GarethWilliams [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2020 16:38 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys and gals!

I had PD14 and all was good and I managed to grab a copy of PD16 online thorugh an online auction so I upgraded it but now I have a problem.

Half a dozen times now the computer has crashed and in the bottom corner it says Stop Code - kernel mode heap corruption.

It only ever does this when using PD16 - any other software like Photoshop or Lightroom no dramas but PD16 and it crashes.

The box I bought with the software in was genuine software, not a dodgy copy and installed like it should.

I run twin Intel Xeon E5450 6 core @ 3.00GHz, 32GB ram and a 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 so not running light on spec.

Any ideas?

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The best thing to do is to follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag results so we can see the critical technical details of your system.
GarethWilliams [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks,

Here is the DXDiag file
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
400 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the DxDiag results. I see that you have the final release of PD16, which was patched to allow the use of newer nVidia drivers. Your GTX960 is running the latest driver and is in good shape.

However, there are all kinds of apps crashing as shown in the WER0-9 entries at the end, and I suspect that you may have some damage to some of Windows' core files. Try running the two commands shown in this post and see if that helps with system stability.
GarethWilliams [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. Just running those commands now. I'll keep you updated
GarethWilliams [Avatar]
[Post New]
Running the sfc /scannow gave:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Running the dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth gave:
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.19041.746
Image Version: 10.0.19041.804
[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.
The operation completed successfully.

Hopefully the first scan found the issue and sorted it. We'll try again and see how we get on!

Thank you for the help, appreciate it