Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I install PowerDVD 16 and 20 simultaneously on same PC?
Radi0Phil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2009 10:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I bought both versions and have their product keys. I need version 16 to play 3D Blu-ray discs.

Thanks,
Phil
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I bought both versions and have their product keys. I need version 16 to play 3D Blu-ray discs.

Thanks,
Phil

If they are both full Ultra versions, it shouldn't be a problem. If version 20 is an upgrade from 16, then I don't think so. Come to think of it, you cannot upgrade from 16 I don't think...so you should be good. Are you getting some sort of message during install that prompted the question?

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2021 01:21

Radi0Phil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2009 10:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dave, I didn't try to install both before asking my question. Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, they are both full Ultra versions. I'm happy to report that both installed successfully, and separately. They both seem to be functioning properly. (Version 16 is a 32-bit app; version 20 is 64-bit. Thus they installed into different directories. Perhaps this helped to keep 'em separated.)

I can further report that PDVD 16 plays 3D discs in 3D mode on my new hardware, which is Intel HD Graphics 630 on an i7-7700T CPU. No separate video card. (I Googled this and got no definitive answer, so maybe Google will find this post for someone else someday.)

Thanks again Dave,

Phil