Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Post production editing
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to edit a clip after being produced?
I'm referring to putting titles in scenes,
[pssobly numbers on clothing. Intel i5-9400F / B 360M MB (MS-7B19) 2.9 Ghz /
32 GB DDR4 / Radeon RX580
Personal website https://www.PENwords.net
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Of course. You add the produced clip to your media room, Put it in the timeline, and edit the clip.

The other way (and best way) is to re-edit the clip /project in the time line. Simply open the project (provided that you have saved the production as a project) and add editing as required. If you have not saved the production as a project, you may have to start the production all over again. Saving a project is always better.

Note that after a production, the produced clip is automatically added to the media room unless you have unticked the box in the preferences produce tab.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2021 11:08

[Post New]
It's possible? Yes.
It's a best practice? No.

Always work with the original files, every ulterior re-encoding will degrade the quality.

PS: Note that simple cut/paste projects, done with SVRT, are excepted from this rule, because there is no re-encoding done.
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Awesome.
Thanks for the advice. Intel i5-9400F / B 360M MB (MS-7B19) 2.9 Ghz /
32 GB DDR4 / Radeon RX580
Personal website https://www.PENwords.net