Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Maximum or limit ? Cutoff count?
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Is there some liitation to how many transitions or effects any user
can have within the PD program?
Or, is that number determined by the computer's available memory?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Transitions in the transition room ready for use, I understand you say? As far as I am aware PD can hold all transitions and effects, particles etc, available in the various rooms.
Why do you ask?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2021 06:39

Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Transitions in the transition room ready for use, I understand you say? As far as I am aware PD can hold all transitions and effects, particles etc, available in the various rooms.
Why do you ask?

My question was based in a conversation concerning my habit of downloading everything.
Someone told me I would bog down the system or program.
I'm thinking that if the program can handle it, the hard drive has enough space, it shouldn't be a concern...
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Understood. I know of people who have downloaded virtually everything available. As long as the system is large enough to hold the stuff that whould be fine.
What I have notived is, that PD will "in the background" fill the various rooms with the available (downloaded) features. It will also scan you disk for previous versions to ensure that stuff that was created and downloaded during those versions, will be made available too. THAT searching and filling process can take time too, depending on the capacity and speed of your system.

My basic position is that I only download those things I am going to use, knowing that if there something out there that I all of a sudden need, I can download it there and then without toomuch of a hassle.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
What I noticed that a lot of material adds to the PD library, makes it take longer to open the corresponding room the first time until it loads all the material.
This is only noticed if immediately when opening PD click on the text room here that has 746 titles, as an example.
Of course, the faster the CPU the better.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2021 12:13

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
[Post New]
Thanks guys.
Much good info there..!
Once I get to the point where a signature is allowed, perhaps it
would be a good idea to put all my system specs in it.
Helps eliminate confusion I would assume...