Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insta360 OneR and PD 365
mxquattro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2016 13:54 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All. Im not having much luck doing 360 videos in PD 365 with files from my Insta 360 one R. I tried reading a few tutorials, and youtube videos but no luck.

I start PD365 in 360 mode and import my media files. When I view them it looks like 2 circles, and not real 360. Im not sure how to export them properly from Insta360 studio it seems.

Any tips much appreciated!
Bob
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi mxquattro -

Do you have 360° viewer enabled under the Preview window?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
mxquattro [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony, yes, I do have that enabled. Im attaching a screen shot, this is what I see.

Quote Hi mxquattro -

Do you have 360° viewer enabled under the Preview window?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
831 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like that the videos may need to be stitched first before they can be viewed or edited properly. Have you used the insta360 studio 2020 pc software first for the stitching...
mxquattro [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It looks like that the videos may need to be stitched first before they can be viewed or edited properly. Have you used the insta360 studio 2020 pc software first for the stitching...

When I use the 360 studio the look perfectly fine. The reason I was hopeing to use PD was to put 2 clips together, something studio cant do.

If I load this exact clip (from the screen shot) into 360 studio its in 360, and I can pan around etc.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I use the 360 studio the look perfectly fine. The reason I was hopeing to use PD was to put 2 clips together, something studio cant do.

If I load this exact clip (from the screen shot) into 360 studio its in 360, and I can pan around etc.

Yes but you have to use the proper settings when you export ths clip so that other apps can proiperly display the 360° video. That's what stitching does.
mxquattro [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes but you have to use the proper settings when you export ths clip so that other apps can proiperly display the 360° video. That's what stitching does.

I guess thats the point of my post...what are those proper settings?
bob
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That might be better asked in the InstaOne forum as the issue is how to use their software.
mxquattro [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That might be better asked in the InstaOne forum as the issue is how to use their software.

I can give it a shot, thank you. Their support is miserable at best and their FAQ's isnt great either. Worth a shot though. I know they will point me back here though and say its not their issue. Sigh.

Bob
optodata
[Post New]
Maybe their FAQs has the info. Search for "stitching" or look for export options.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob -

First up, I'm not a 360 owner/user/editor - so I'm not pretending to actually know what I'm talking about here...

I downloaded some Insta360 OneR clips (straight off the camera) then downloaded & installed Insta360 STUDIO 2021, to process the .insv files.

In Studio2021, I did nothing but import the videos, use the default settings then export as MP4.

Here's what they looked like in PDR19:

Bob - in your screenshot, the 360 viewer button seems to be greyed out. It should be blue if enabled. (???)

Cheers - Tony
mxquattro [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Bob -

First up, I'm not a 360 owner/user/editor - so I'm not pretending to actually know what I'm talking about here...

I downloaded some Insta360 OneR clips (straight off the camera) then downloaded & installed Insta360 STUDIO 2021, to process the .insv files.

In Studio2021, I did nothing but import the videos, use the default settings then export as MP4.

Here's what they looked like in PDR19:

Bob - in your screenshot, the 360 viewer button seems to be greyed out. It should be blue if enabled. (???)

Cheers - Tony

OK So thats what my PD should look like? Good, thank you! Do you know what your export settings were? 265? 264? I tried a few things.

And I see what you mean, its grayed out, I thought that might have meant it was 'already selected' so not an option since I started as a 360 project.
bob
ynotfish
[Post New]
You'll see the settings used in the attached screenshot.

As I said, I changed nothing. The options selected were the defaults.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Studio_Basic Settings+Export.png]
 Filename
Studio_Basic Settings+Export.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
892 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
24 time(s)