Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So many protections you can't get help with YouCam 9
Readmore [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2021 03:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased YouCam 9, downloaded it and installed it, but it would not activate. I received error messages that said my email address was invalid, which it isn't, and that my activation code was invalid, which it also isn't, according to the email sent to me after thke purchase.

When I went to the CyberLink support pages for help, I found no topic that fit. So I tried to send a message to tech support. Only they have support so locked away that IU can't send the message. First I couldn't log into the site...invalid email, it said. I found a workaround, found the message site, typed in everything. Except...because I can't activate the software, I can't get the elusive and essential SR code, whatever that is. Without that code, you are forbidden to send a message to tech support. Which is odd, because I'm sending a message about my inability to activate the software, which more or less guarantees that no SR code will be available.

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of thing before...so many hurdles to jump over, all of them looping back to failure.

I'm not even sure that there's a way to get a refund.

Very, very disappointing. Does anyone on this forum have a way for me to break through these barriers to actually use the software?
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I purchased YouCam 9, downloaded it and installed it, but it would not activate. I received error messages that said my email address was invalid, which it isn't, and that my activation code was invalid, which it also isn't, according to the email sent to me after thke purchase.

When I went to the CyberLink support pages for help, I found no topic that fit. So I tried to send a message to tech support. Only they have support so locked away that IU can't send the message. First I couldn't log into the site...invalid email, it said. I found a workaround, found the message site, typed in everything. Except...because I can't activate the software, I can't get the elusive and essential SR code, whatever that is. Without that code, you are forbidden to send a message to tech support. Which is odd, because I'm sending a message about my inability to activate the software, which more or less guarantees that no SR code will be available.

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of thing before...so many hurdles to jump over, all of them looping back to failure.

I'm not even sure that there's a way to get a refund.

Very, very disappointing. Does anyone on this forum have a way for me to break through these barriers to actually use the software?

Hi, I can submit ticket to contact cyberlink support team at their support center after signing in a cyberlink account (free to register): https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

If you can post questions here on cyberlink forum, you can use this account to submit the contact too.
Just select any question type (if you don't want to figure them out further), fill in the subject and description, and leave the SR number or product key field empty on the web form, and then submit the questions.

You don't have to fill in any SR number nor product key on the form to send out the contact. They are not *required fields.
If you can't submit the form it means that there are other fields not yet selected or filled in.

What you need is calm down, and keep a little more patience to go through the contact process.
No one is blocking you from contacting the support actually.
Readmore [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2021 03:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the response. I can understand why you would think that no SR code is required. On the form that appeared on my screen, it was marked as a required element. All other parts of the form were filled in. There's no point following up on any of this because I instead asked for and received a refund and have deleted the program from my system.

I'll look elsewhere. There's plenty of competition in this arena, and there are companies that make it far easier to get answers and resolve issues.