Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 - Batch Process Error - 1080p+ error - Graphic card or Windows Media update
Arnaud.C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2021 09:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm using PD15 from few weeks now.
Mostly to reduce large video files (stream, mkv format) into some clips extracted from this larger file (export into mkv).

The sources are .mkv 1080p
The outputs are .mkv 1080p
PD15 has not trouble to do that and I can use it without issue.

The issue is within the "Batch process" functionnality.

Each time I try to "batch process" one or more project at once within the 1080p quality;
PD15 show me this error :
"Could not process, please make sure you graphic card drivers are up to date. Check if Window Media player is up to date" (something similar)

I've got no trouble when it's one-by-one with the same quality parrameters; having this issue only when using the "bacth process" feature to produce all clips in one time.
The issue does not come with a quality lower than 1080p (720p is working).

The graphic drivers and WMP are all with the last version.
The graphic card is a GTX1080Ti Stryx (11Gb) running under Windows 10, 64gb RAM and i7 3930K

Thanks for your help.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
79 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 08. 2021 10:21

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
One issue is that PD15 will not be able to use hardware encoding on your GTX1080Ti with any current nVidia driver. You will need to go back to v411.70 from 2018. See this discussion for more details.

Since the problem is only in batch mode, please take a screenshot of the Profile Settings screen so we can see the details, like this:

Use Alt+Print Screen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 08. 2021 12:53

Arnaud.C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2021 09:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote One issue is that PD15 will not be able to use hardware encoding on your GTX1080Ti with any current nVidia driver. You will need to go back to v411.70 from 2018. See this discussion for more details.

Since the problem is only in batch mode, please take a screenshot of the Profile Settings screen so we can see the details, like this:

Use Alt+Print Screen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here.

Thanks for your help, it's much more clear on why this issue happened now.

It was with any format higher than 720p.

Badfully, the 411.70 Nvidia drivers is no longer compatible with the latest Windows 10 update.
So, without any other alternatives, PD15 needs to be replaced.

Does Cyberlink have any upgrades offers ?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Badfully, the 411.70 Nvidia drivers is no longer compatible with the latest Windows 10 update.
So, without any other alternatives, PD15 needs to be replaced.

The 411.70 driver is compatible, but first you have to uninstall the current DCH drivers using the Windows Apps & features uninstaller. Reboot and then install 411.70.

Quote Does Cyberlink have any upgrades offers ?

The quickest way to see what upgrade prices are available is from the My Products page of your CL account. Click on the Upgrade icon to the right of PowerDirector 15.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2021 12:43