Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem using WMV video
jerry___ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 23:23 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I am running PowerDirector 19.0.2108.0

I have a WMV clip that when I put on my timeline cuts off part of the clip. It plays the full clip in the preview but when I put it on the timeline it cuts part of it off.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
First of all, there's a newer version out now so please update PD and see if the problem persists.

If it does and you're comfortable sharing the clip, you can use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload it as long as it's smaller than 100MB or so.

If it's larger than that, upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link here. See this FAQ for more details.
jerry___ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 23:23 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote First of all, there's a newer version out now so please update PD and see if the problem persists.

If it does and you're comfortable sharing the clip, you can use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload it as long as it's smaller than 100MB or so.

If it's larger than that, upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link here. See this FAQ for more details.

I downloaded and installed the latest patch but the problem persists. Here is the clip
 Filename
Death 1 Depth-1.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3901 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
69 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very mush for the update and for the clip.

You actually have two problems: PD is known to have problems with clips that are shorter than 2 seconds. This one is only 0.437s long so you're lucky that PD is able to play it. The main issue is that the clip's pixel size is 1920x1066, which isn't a standard size or aspect ratio.

The second issue is why there's a small gap along the bottom. PD can fit the other 3 sides perfectly in a 16:9 frame but it won't automatically scale the clip up to fill that gap.

You can do that easily in the PiP Designer, though. Simply click and drag the lower center handle down to stretch the clip to the bottom edge of the frame like this: