Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Latest Patch released today for PDVD7 Wont install on Vista
Jason_Hockey_Player [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2007 21:04 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Keeps giving me an error about saying I have to register the original program with my CD Key before I can apply the patch. Program is already registered and have tried numerous times to apply the patch with no luck. The program also trips up on the registration page and asks me to register my first name and last name along with email every time I start the program. Im a nice ice hockey player!
Christian
Newbie Location: Germany Joined: Jan 27, 2007 17:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
You should try to deactivate your virus-scanner and firewall before installing the update.
[Post New]
Good news. I had a discussion with staff and they told me that in a few days they will re-release a patch to cure the problem I was having. It had to do with the programming of the patch that allowed all other o/s to patch but not vista.

-EDIT- I dont see the patch on their page anymore so it appears they recalled this based on my feedback.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2007 18:29

Im a nice ice hockey player!
Adam [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 29, 2006 10:38 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
What was the patch supposed to do? I have 7.2 on vista and want to use it inside Media centre for playing Blu-ray, but it doesn't show up
Michiel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2007 08:15 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Check if you have the "HD-DVD" part installed, for some reason it installed the Blu-ray part of PowerDVD 7.2 instead of HD-DVD, i also didn't get an option to chose what i wanted when i installed it.

I had to copy the contents from the "HDDVD" folder into the "BDR??" folder and installed it again, problem "solved".
Adam [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 29, 2006 10:38 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't want the HDDVD side I wanted the Blu-ray which is what it installed, but I wanted to use it in Media centre and was wondering if the patch fixes this
willard27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2007 18:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I tried Vista compatible Patch dated 2-9-07 and still will not allow me to install on Vista. Any one have any luck installing PDVD7 onto Vista?
Ambrogio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2007 10:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I bought, downloaded and installed yesterday PowerDVD 7 Ultra for BD (which is intended to be already patched) on Vista 32 and it doesn't work nor with Sony BD DVD drive nor with normal dvd reader/writer... an eror says, after trying to switch to Vista Basic color scheme, that the application hanged, and it doesn't reproduce any DVD (or BD).

Terrible experience and 99$ thrown away

Ambrogio Calcaterra
Milano Italy
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
The patch only apply for PowerDVD 7.
If you purchased PowerDVD Ultra, you should wait CyberLink release PowerDVD Ultra patch.

My build version of PowerDVD 7 is 2414. Applied this patch and got the error message, Unable to install upgrade - your system must have PowerDVD XP retail or above installed".

So probably you can check your PowerDVD build number.
If u use build 2414, I think you shouldn't apply this patch.
Mandeep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2007 10:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Daisuke

Have had exactly the same problem as you have described.

Have let Support know about this - will wait to see what they have got to say about this issue.

In the meantime - I will check and see what the Build number is for my copy of PowerDVD Deluxe.

If it is 2414, then maybe I will NOT have to apply this patch?

Thanks and regards

happy37
Daisuke [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mandeep,

Yes, you don't need to apply this patch, if PowerDVD build number is 2414.
I think Cyberlink support knew this problem.
Some wording of this patch had been changed.
You can see the patch linkage.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_354_1_ENU.html
Mandeep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2007 10:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Daisuke

Thanks for your reply - is PowerDVD 7 Deluxe Windows Vista compatible without this patch?

I know that you said that I will not need to apply this patch - thanks for letting me know and confirming as well.

Having said that, I have checked my Build number for my copy of PowerDVD 7 Deluxe and I cannot tell whether the Build number is 2414?

Here is an attached picture:-

Is my Build number 2414 as you can see from my attached pic or not?

Thanks and regards

Mandeep

Filename
PowerDVD 7.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
33 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 14. 2007 02:44

Daisuke [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Mandeep,

If you purchase PDVD7 Deluxe 2414 build, it is Windows Vista compatible.
I checked your attached picture.
I cann't find any information of build number.
But I think that your build version probably is 2414, because the SR number of your PowerDVD7 is DVD061204-XX.
The number ,DVD061204, is the same as mine.
For detail information. You can check this FAQ.
It will tell your how to check your build version.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/support/answerbox_productfaq.jsp?FID=4410
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2007 15:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Tech support gave me a newer verison of build 2414 = DVD061226-02

1 file to install at 40.3 MB. I don't need 2 files anymore.

A perfect install

How to find the version?? Look for 'About'

Right click video screen area > 'About'

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 21. 2007 12:39

[Post New]
If for any reason you cannot still get this build to install, I recommend downloading vista compatible Power DVD 7 Trial from http://www.softpedia.com

You can use your serial key to unlock the demo into whatever version you paid for. Im a nice ice hockey player!