Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
9:16 videos getting flipped and stretched
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 24, 2017 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
I made a 9:16 video in Power director 19 but when I uploaded it to IGTV (Instagram TV) it keeps getting flipped and stretched. I need help to know how to fix it.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Do you get the same result if you upload the video to YouTube?

Can you post a link to the video so we can see it?
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
[Post New]
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKyxCyZHd4Q/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I'm on phone sometimes It shows it correctly as a vertical video but everyone says it get rotated and stretch. Thanks for the reply.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ArcticPandaPopz -

I can confirm that your IGTV video displays correctly on my PC but, when viewed on iPhone or iPad, it doesn't display as a 9:16 video.

Here's a funny (as in, odd) thing. I made a little 9:16 video in PDR19, then uploaded it to IGTV. As with yours, it displayed correctly on PC, but not on mobile devices.

Here it is - https://www.instagram.com/tv/CK1uI0TpjLm/

After transferring the PDR19 video to my phone, I re-uploaded it via the Instagram app. It displays correctly on PC, iPhone & iPad.

Here's the same video uploaded from my phone via the Instagram app - https://www.instagram.com/tv/CK11g0gpn--/

Can't explain it. Just how it is. undecided

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2021 14:19

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
It works consistently...

I downloaded your video then transferred it to my phone, re-uploade it via the Instagram app & voila - it plays as 9:16 on PC & mobile devices.

I'll delete it from my profile once you've seen this.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Links supplied by the OP and ynotfish displays the videos properly on the pc browsers. It also displays properly on my phone in any orientation on Google chrome as shown in the screenshot. I believe that it does not display properly in the phone instagram app. The portrait mode video as I recall is really 16:9 with a rotate 90 flag not recognized in some apps and in Windows 7. The fix would be to rotate the video 90 degrees anr re-encode it as 720 x 1280 instead.

See the attached screenshot from the phone.
[Thumb - Chrome browser - phone.png]
 Filename
Chrome browser - phone.png
[Disk]
 Description
video orientation seen on phone browser.
 Filesize
361 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks ynotfish. How strange but thank you so much for your time to help me figure this out. It was driving me crazy, why it wasn't working.
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The Links supplied by the OP and ynotfish displays the videos properly on the pc browsers. It also displays properly on my phone in any orientation on Google chrome as shown in the screenshot. I believe that it does not display properly in the phone instagram app. The portrait mode video as I recall is really 16:9 with a rotate 90 flag not recognized in some apps and in Windows 7. The fix would be to rotate the video 90 degrees anr re-encode it as 720 x 1280 instead.

See the attached screenshot from the phone.

rotate it in Powerdirector?