Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Speakers Tearing When Playing Blu Ray
wumbo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2021 13:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a 5.1 surround + subwoofer setup on my computer. Whenever intense / loud scenes occur in movies, all of the speakers start to pop, buzz, and tone as if they're being plugged in while powered on (you know that sound). If the sound is too intense the speakers will even go dead for a few seconds.

***This happens with no other media / applications.

My audio settings in PowerDVD 20 are as follows:

Output: System Default (6 Speaker)

Output Mode: No Effect

Dynamic Range Compression: Compressed dynamic range Dolby Digital sound for normal environments

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a 5.1 surround + subwoofer setup on my computer. Whenever intense / loud scenes occur in movies, all of the speakers start to pop, buzz, and tone as if they're being plugged in while powered on (you know that sound). If the sound is too intense the speakers will even go dead for a few seconds.

***This happens with no other media / applications.

My audio settings in PowerDVD 20 are as follows:

Output: System Default (6 Speaker)

Output Mode: No Effect

Dynamic Range Compression: Compressed dynamic range Dolby Digital sound for normal environments

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

You plugged the speakers via several 3.5mm AUX cables directly?

I might try de-selecting the truetheater "audio" effect on the truetheater panel. The panel can be opened by right clicking the eye icon at the playback bar.

This effect sometimes enlarges the sound excessively on intensive scences.
wumbo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2021 13:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

You plugged the speakers via several 3.5mm AUX cables directly?

I might try de-selecting the truetheater "audio" effect on the truetheater panel. The panel can be opened by right clicking the eye icon at the playback bar.

This effect sometimes enlarges the sound excessively on intensive scences.

Thank you for your input!
Yes, my speakers are connected into the motherboard via 3 AUX cables.
Unfortunately I already had True Theater disabled, so that couldn't have been the cause.

On the bright side, I seem to have found a fix. I changed the Output from "System Default" to "Use S/PDIF" and was able to watch a movie without any of the aforementioned issues.