Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crop and Presets
TimoSthlm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2021 13:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

My PhD 365 has started to behave weirdly. After I downloaded my picture, I like to crop and straighten it first, before doing other adjustments. But now recently, after cropping the picture and trying some present to it, it returns to the original picture size. That is, my cropping setting disappears. This has not been the case earlier. So now I wonder, is it some new update and it suppose to be like that. Or is there something wrong, with either my PC och PhD software?? Or is it some new setting that has been changed and that I'm not aware of?

In any case, I want the function back that I can first crop my photo, and then work with it.

So, any suggestion how to do that????

// Timo

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2021 12:56

[Post New]
Hello Timo,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Thank you for reporting this odd behaviour in PhD365, as I wasn't aware of it till you posted. You are correct. If you crop/straighten, then apply a preset, PhD365 resets the crop/straighten adjustment surprised If the preset is applied first, then crop/straighten, all is well. There's no reason it should be that way!

I can confirm that the issue was present prior to the most recent update. i.e. it was present in PhD365 version 12.1.2418.0 (I hadn't updated before now), & persists with the most recent update (2525).

N.B. The issue is not present in PhD12 (lifetime license).

I'll report this to the team at CL & reference your post.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2021 14:09

PIX YouTube channel
TimoSthlm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Timo,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Thank you for reporting this odd behaviour in PhD365, as I wasn't aware of it till you posted. You are correct. If you crop/straighten, then apply a preset, PhD365 resets the crop/straighten adjustment surprised If the preset is applied first, then crop/straighten, all is well. There's no reason it should be that way!

I can confirm that the issue was present prior to the most recent update. i.e. it was present in PhD365 version 12.1.2418.0 (I hadn't updated before now), & persists with the most recent update.

N.B. The issue is not present in PhD12 (lifetime license).

I'll report this to the team at CL & reference your post.

PIX

Hi, and thanx for the quick answer!
But it would be REALLY nice if the issue could be fixed asap since it really disturbs my work! I work the way I described, that is I crop first and then do the other adjustments, eg. use presets. As it is now, it's almost impossible to work with my pictures!!
So you see, it's a BIG DEAL for me!!
// Timo
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder if it would help to export the image once you've cropped and/or straightened it. That way you'll preserve the content you want on the newly imported iamge and there's nothing for PhD to reset.

On my system, I actually didn't see the issue in version 2418. I can crop and straighten one of the sample clips then apply a preset without any trouble:

I just updated to 2525 and things still work as expected. What am I doing differently than you two?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2021 19:42

[Post New]
Thank you for posting your observations on your system, optodata.

For reference, this (unlisted) screen capture shows what's happening here with PhD365 & PhD12.

Timo, either (a) reversing the order of adjustments or (b) exporting after cropping seem to be the best options for you until the issue is able to be resolved.

PIX

PIX YouTube channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Aha! Now I see why I couldn't replicate this issue: I was using the Crop and Straighten tools from the Edit module, then going back to the Adjustment module to apply the preset.

If I use the Crop and Straighten tool under Regional Adjustments, I see the issue as described and shown in the video.

So the good news is that there's an in-app workflow that isn't affected by this bug. Using the Edit module tools is all that's needed until a patch is released.
TimoSthlm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanx Pix and optodata!
I still need to make some remarks.

@ Pix:
"Timo, either (a) reversing the order of adjustments or (b) exporting after cropping seem to be the best options for you until the issue is able to be resolved."
This is sad! Reversing the order of adjustments is surely an option, but a bad one. In my process, I need to see the photo in it's cropped size in order to make other adjustments. And exporting after cropping ... It's probably better, yes, but it's a lot of work!! But maybe I need to do that until this issue is fixed!

@ optodata:
Thank you for your suggestions. I can crop in the Edit module. But the problem is that I can't create virtual photos thereafter. If there's an edited layer in the picture, it disables that. And I often need to create virtual photos of my pictures, in ordet to find the right adjustments ... That's how tricky I am!!

So I really hope this issue will be resolved in a very near future, because I'm feeling more or less paralyzed now!!
TimBikes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2017 02:22 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I am trialing PhD and notice this issue as well with ver 12.2.2525.0.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
TimoSthlm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am trialing PhD and notice this issue as well with ver 12.2.2525.0.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Hi,
It seems that the issue is solved in version 12.3.2724.0, of which I'm so grateful!
// Timo
TimBikes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2017 02:22 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,
It seems that the issue is solved in version 12.3.2724.0, of which I'm so grateful!
// Timo

Thanks Timo - good to know.
[Post New]
Crop & presets issue is resolved in PhD12 (2512 build) & PhD365 (2724 build).

PIX PIX YouTube channel