Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gradual video speed changes
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to create gradual video speed changes? I want to have the middle section of a clip to slow to a stop and then speed up again.

I'm looking for something more subtle than creating a time shift. Jerry Schwartz
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there any way to create gradual video speed changes? I want to have the middle section of a clip to slow to a stop and then speed up again.

I'm looking for something more subtle than creating a time shift.

Looks like you haven’t received an answer in 3 days. There is no way to do it without doing splits and increase/decrease the speed in each. See this post which still applies today: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40592.page .
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You really don't need to split video with the split tool as links suggested. You can simply use the time shift as you commented, just define multiple ranges with differing speed. Not ideal by any means, discussed prior, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79349.page#post_box_326097

Jeff
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Too bad...it seems like a natural thing to do, although the programming would probably be complex. Jerry Schwartz
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Too bad...it seems like a natural thing to do, although the programming would probably be complex.

Depending on the length and content of the clip, the Action Camera Center might work, especially since you want to pause the clip completely.
jerrys
[Post New]

Depending on the length and content of the clip, the Action Camera Center might work, especially since you want to pause the clip completely.

I tried freeze frame, but I decided that using time shifts gave me a more pleasing result. I'm working on the parting of the Red Sea. Since it's going to be used as a Zoom background, I'm not aiming for an Oscar. I'm happy with what I got.

If I wanted it to be closely inspected, I'd use more time shifts.