Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 19 version 2 display issues
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
First of all I must say that I am very pleased with the way Cyberlink has explained the changes in this version by comparing it with previous changes. Good show! I was and am not always happy with the changes, because they force me to work differently from what I was used to, and some of the changes are contra-intuitive and contra productive.
I am in the middle of a production and taken the dangerous step to upgrade to version 2. So far it works reasonable, but I see at least two flaws (which I have also reported to CL separately).
(1) When I preview a clip from the media room the clip is over exposed. When moving the clip to the time line, the exposure is that of the clip origin.
(2) some clips when in the time line show a fair amount of noise when previewed. Change the preview setting does not make a difference. When producing and when rendering for preview the noise is gone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2021 10:09

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Are you referring to the 19.2.2520 version that was just released?

I don't see any of those issues in the projects I've checked which use clips from 6 different cameras, so possibly the issue is specific to clips from (one of) your camera(s). Does unchecking hardware decoding or OpenCL have any effect?

If you'd like to share one of them here I'd be happy to test it on my system. The forum now accepts attachments of at least 100MB but if it's larger than that, use Google Drive or OneDrive.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Yes it was the most recent version I am working with.

I did a bit more testing and what I see is:

• viewing a clip from the mediaroom, given an overexposed image
  • after including a clip to the timeline, the still of the clip shown in the preview screen is with normal exposure, but when
  • viewing a clip from the timeline ALSO gives an overexposed image, however

I have "played" with the hardware encdoing settings and that does not make a difference.
The production of the clip give a normal exposed result.
I have this with any type of video format.
Also see the example attached.

After I hae sumbitted the clips I have changed in Preferences/display the Timeline preview output color to RGB, and now when playing the clip from the timeline, the clip is shown with its normals exposure. My conclusion is that clips played from the media room are not use RGB. I have asked PD to check that.
 Filename
overexposeddisplay.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
example of overexposed
 Filesize
5306 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
109 time(s)
 Filename
overexpose2.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
another example
 Filesize
12781 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
114 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 29. 2021 05:08

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, that's really something. I can't duplicate that at all on my end. Switching the display mode to RGB or YUV doesn't change anything as far as I can see.
 Filename
RGB vs YUV.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
preview vs timeline
 Filesize
14061 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
96 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Warry -

Sorry - I can't replicate that here with either PDR365 or PDR19, no matter what clips/settings I use.

Side by side screen capture

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, thanks guys for looking at this. I will continue assuming that it something with me or with my system. And report back when I have found somehting...
optodata
[Post New]
I can't imagine there's anything you're doing that would cause this.

What about the video noise issue? Did changing to RGB display mode help with that? Either way, a screenshot or recording might give us a clue about what's happening.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I can't imagine there's anything you're doing that would cause this..

Well, I discovered that in the INTEL graphics command centre the Brighten Video was switched on. I dont know whether that was a consious setting or not

Quote What about the video noise issue? Did changing to RGB display mode help with that? Either way, a screenshot or recording might give us a clue about what's happening.

The video noise is still there. It happens when previewing an iPhone 4K clip. Changing settings (I have tried them all) does not help. The typical blocks are seen predominantly at the top of the preview window when displaying the timeline. Previewing the same clip from the media room does not give this noise. It must be me again. I will keep looking and report back. Or show you an example. Thanks for your help with this. I have learned from this again.
EdEscall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2017 09:05 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded to version 19.2 and when I launched it to see what has changed I was puzzled to find that all of
my previous Titles are gone, and most of the PIP & Particles that I always use are no longer available. They are reduced to 3 or 4 elements now. I tried to investigate to find where they may be but couldn't find them anymore. Even the Slideshow Theme designers are gone only the regular format styles are left. Did the new version delete all of the previous works? I often go back to my previous work for reference. Is it possible to recover my previous work? Does anyone experience this same problem? If I can avoid it, I don't want to download PIPs & Particles again. Will appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you, Eddie.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just upgraded to version 19.2 and when I launched ......help or suggestions. Thank you, Eddie.

Ed, your issues are unrelated to this thread. You should ask in your own topic/thread. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have changed the topic title