Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to make a Color Gradient Background
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
In PD you can choose between 1, 2 or 4 Fill colors types Colors for Font, Backdrop and Border to achieve a color gradient.
For a background there are only the 1 fill color boards. Is there also a possibility (or workaround) to create a background with 2 or 4 color gradients in PD? Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In PD you can choose between 1, 2 or 4 Fill colors types Colors for Font, Backdrop and Border to achieve a color gradient.
For a background there are only the 1 fill color boards. Is there also a possibility (or workaround) to create a background with 2 or 4 color gradients in PD?

I haven't found a way do internally design that kind of background yet. You could use a graphic editor like PAINT.NET (free) or Photoshop Elements or Cyberlink's PhotoEditor. It would be a great addition to the program to include this kind of feature. If someone finds a way to do it internally I'll be very interested.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think making it externally is the simplest way to do it. Save the image as a 512x512 pixel JPG and you can import it as a background by selecting the image Fill type.
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't like to go/use external programs. Such a feature should be standard in PD.
The only way to do this now in PD, I can think of, is to use a gradient mask to mix two different color boards.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Let CL know how you feel. Use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu and maybe they'll include it in a future update.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't like to go/use external programs. Such a feature should be standard in PD.
The only way to do this now in PD, I can think of, is to use a gradient mask to mix two different color boards.

Depending what NB Fx you have in your PD version, the Gradient Fill Pro Fx may suite your needs.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD19_Gradient.png]
 Filename
PD19_Gradient.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]

Depending what NB Fx you have in your PD version, the Gradient Fill Pro Fx may suite your needs.

Jeff

I have just the normal PD365 subscription, which came without NB Fx. I also cannot discover any NB Fx for PD, not on NB site or at PD site.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have just the normal PD365 subscription, which came without NB Fx. I also cannot discover any NB Fx for PD, not on NB site or at PD site.

The NewBlue packs are listed here, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25676 for the PD19 specific products. The effect I listed is part of the NewBlue FX Video Essentials VII pack so it is offered as part of the Director Suite for the 365 product line.

Jeff
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
The easiest way I found to create a (2) colour gradient background is to use a gradient mask to get a gradient between two colorboards on the timeline. By turning the mask you can change the direction of the gradient and by changing the color boards you can define the gradient colors.
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
create gradient
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108