Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Glitches in .DNG images only on PhD 365/12
markschultztv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2020 11:23 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

All .DNG photos shot with my DJI Mavic Air 2 have glitches at the top, bottom, or both. This includes the standard 12mp and 48mp cropped. I have tried old .DNG files that I previously used to edit, new photos saved to both the drone's on-board storage and three micro sd cards. The pics are fine in Luminar and windows 10 picture viewer. The .jpeg version of each file is fine in PhD. This is my only camera that saves as .DNG. I have attached the original and a screen grab from PhD.

Thanks!
 Filename
DJI_0415.DNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
94547 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
91 time(s)
[Thumb - PhDexample.JPG]
 Filename
PhDexample.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
144 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for attaching a sample DNG image. (I also know that the forum now supports uploading 100MB files, way up from the 5MB limit up until very recently smile)

I see the same distortion in PhD365, and interestingly if you watch the image when it's first loaded, everything is perfect but within a half second (once PhD finishes processing it), the glitches appear.

I also tested the image in PhD6 and 7 and they are able to display it properly - so the problem may be limited to the current version. I don't have any other PhD versions installed, but maybe PIX or another user would be so kind as to see if PhD 8 - 11 are also afflicted.

In the meantime, I suggest you file a support request directly with CL from this page. You should paste a link to this discussion in your note so they can see everything that's been posted here.
markschultztv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2020 11:23 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for attaching a sample DNG image. (I also know that the forum now supports uploading 100MB files, way up from the 5MB limit up until very recently smile)

I see the same distortion in PhD365, and interestingly if you watch the image when it's first loaded, everything is perfect but within a half second (once PhD finishes processing it), the glitches appear.

I also tested the image in PhD6 and 7 and they are able to display it properly - so the problem may be limited to the current version. I don't have any other PhD versions installed, but maybe PIX or another user would be so kind as to see if PhD 8 - 11 are also afflicted.

In the meantime, I suggest you file a support request directly with CL from this page. You should paste a link to this discussion in your note so they can see everything that's been posted here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to check it! I really appreciate it. I will report it to CL.
[Post New]
Hello markshultztv,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Before the sample photo (DJI_0415.DNG) was attached, I gathered some original Mavic Air 2 files from different sites for testing.

Toms Tech Time - DroneXL - DPreview

I'm afraid I'm unable to see the "glitch" or "distortion" in any of the samples I've checked, either in PhD12 or PhD365. Could you kind gentlemen help me out with an indication of what I should be looking for. Comparing DNG & JPG versions, I do see a slight lens distortion with correction needed. I cannot spot much difference between how DJI_0415.DNG displays in PhD, Ps & Lr.

Clearly I'm missing something, so I'd appreciate your assistance.

optodata, I will indeed check how previous versions display the Mavic's DNG files.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2021 17:30

PIX YouTube channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's actually very subtle on such a complex image, but I first noticed it at the bottom in OP's screenshot and was helped when I saw that part of the image change when PhD365 loaded it.

Once you see what the glitch looks like, it's easier to detect it along the straight horizontal lines it occurs on, and it's clear that earlier versions show the full image perfectly.
[Thumb - DNG glitches.png]
 Filename
DNG glitches.png
[Disk]
 Description
marked up for easier detection
 Filesize
6090 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 13. 2021 17:38

[Post New]
Thank you optodata, for pointing me in the right direction. I think my problem was that I'd looked at a number of photos where the distortion wasn't obvious (shots of fields & lakes etc), but that photo definitely shows the problem!

I can report that the issue is not apparent in any previous version (liftetime licence) of PhD I've checked, & only applies to PhD365.

Anyone following this thread might care to download these two original photos from Mavic Air 2: DNG & JPG. In PhD365, they display as shown below.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
markschultztv & optodata,

Thank you for posting & testing this issue.

For CyberLink's reference, I prepared a simple screen capture illustrating the problem (unlisted).

BTW optodata, when I went back and checked the field/lake shots the issue is certainly present (just that I didn't see it!).

PIX PIX YouTube channel
jjay51 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2017 19:03 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
SO is there a solution to this as i have had the same issue, thats when i can actually manage to import a DNG file without PD crashing
optodata
[Post New]
PIX has reported the issue to Cyberlink and we're now waiting for them to investigate and correct the issue with a patch.

Until then, I think you'll have to shoot in a different format, convert your existing images using a 3rd party converter or use another photo editor, whichever makes the most sense for you.

Nobody has reported crashes with DNG clips, so it would help to have a copy of one that's given you trouble. You can use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload it here like OP did.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 21. 2021 13:18

Lee John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2021 16:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with my DNG files taken from my DJI Mini2. Does anyone know already the solution for this bug?

There's 4 horizontal bars on the bottom and 3 on the top of each DNG file. When I was using the trial version there was no problem, this only started after I subscribe to the payed version.

Thanks in advance
[Thumb - Horizontal bars.png]
 Filename
Horizontal bars.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1083 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2021 16:44

Eddy1969 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2021 07:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I goth the same problem,with my mini 2
Glitches in raw
gski [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2020 06:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Ditto for me also. Only on the mini 2 though.

Mavic 2 pro and EVO no issues. Also, if you open the file in Windows photos, no issues when opening the dng.

I've also seen that the issue "appears" when you start to edit the dng file in pd 365.
jjay51 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2017 19:03 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Don't expect a fix anytime soon, the answer i got from support was use another software for dng files foot-in-mouth
Lee John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2021 16:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I goth the same problem,with my mini 2
Glitches in raw

You have to report the problem to Cyberlink. You only need to swap a .dll file in the cyberlink folder. They will tell you what you need to do . My DNG files are fine now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2021 15:57