Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing video file with markers or chapters
JB Rose [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2013 11:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to produce a video file that will have markers (or chatpers), so that it's possible to skip ahead to those sections. I've looked around and can't figure out how within PD365, but online see that many use DRAX, after the file is generated.

Is there a way to do this in one step from within PD?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm trying to produce a video file that will have markers (or chatpers), so that it's possible to skip ahead to those sections. I've looked around and can't figure out how within PD365, but online see that many use DRAX, after the file is generated.

Is there a way to do this in one step from within PD?

PD does not support chapters in a produced file, this thread gives two different options, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82940.page#post_box_341910

Jeff
JB Rose [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2013 11:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

PD does not support chapters in a produced file, this thread gives two different options, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82940.page#post_box_341910

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I'm thinking I want MP4 files for compatability across devices, as much of may be consumed via phones, tablets, etc. So, looks like I'll need to use something like FFMPEG or DRAX.... or maybe a different video editor? Unfortunately, I've got a ton of videos of some length (all personal stuff) that I want to build out with chapters vs making them small clips.