Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Animated gif - Longer sequence in video
Oelle74 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2020 07:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hallo,
ich habe ein animiertes gif in ein Video integriert, doch leider dauert dies nur ca. 1 Sekunde. Wie kann ich dieses verlängern?

Ich würde gerne dieses animierte gif (Fahrzeug) mit einer Bewegung versehen, sodass es insgesamt ca. 10 Sekundern über den Bildschirm fährt.
Danke!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2021 03:03

Oelle74 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

my question also in English:

I try to integrate an animated gif in a video, but it is only about 1 second. Is there a possiblity to show it longer?

I would like to move this animated gif (a vehicle) for a longer time (about 10 seconds) over the screen.

Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Have you placed the gif on the timeline yet? Use the Video speed adjustment to make it 10 times longer.
Oelle74 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Have you placed the gif on the timeline yet? Use the Video speed adjustment to make it 10 times longer.

I would like to keep the speed of animated gif, just have it longer. Is there another possibility? Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would like to keep the speed of animated gif, just have it longer. Is there another possibility? Thanks!

There's no way do that. To make a video or GIF longer, you have to keep each frame on screen for a longer period of time. To make it shorter, you reduce the amount of time and/or remove some frames so that it plays faster. Each option affects how quickly it plays back.

The only way to keep the speed but make it longer is to add new content at the beginning and/or end. Depending on your specific GIF, looping it might be an option.
Oelle74 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The only way to keep the speed but make it longer is to add new content at the beginning and/or end. Depending on your specific GIF, looping it might be an option.

Is this possible in PowerDirector (if yes, how) or do I need another software/app?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is this possible in PowerDirector (if yes, how) or do I need another software/app?

Try this: Place the same gif file on the timeline butted up next to each other 10 times. The gif background will repeat 10 times for a 10 times increase in duration.