Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fast Rendering Video issue- an FYI moment
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
I've done about 6 projects in PD18 now, each about 12 mins long, and rendering was Ok.
For the latest project I tried the fast rendering technology option on the produce page - this project was 14mins long and a fast render option should reduce the time taken to produce the resulting video file.

The produce setup was as shown in the attached screenshot. Since I have an Intel core i3-4170 3.7ghz cpu, simply ticking the FVRT box got the Intel quicksync box selected also. But when I selected start, got an immediate production unsuccessful error message re the graphics card. Screenshot of that attached also.
I don't have a plug-in graphics card now - the nvidia item I did have broke quite a while ago, before PD18, and I reverted to using the motherboard Intel HD4400 display chipset.
De-selecting FVRT in the produce set-up page, effectively the setup I used for the previous projects, and pressing start, the whole production process worked fine.

I have experienced this sort of hardare acceleration issue in another editor, so it didn't fuss me unduly: turning off the FVRT removed whatever was causing the problem, even if it took a bit longer to produce.

An FYI moment.
[Thumb - Producing FVRT setup 1 error.jpg]
 Filename
Producing FVRT setup 1 error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
180 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - Producing FVRT setup 1.jpg]
 Filename
Producing FVRT setup 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
450 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2021 19:50

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Probably very easy to correct, probably little real advantage for such short content and this basic DVD HQ quality profile you are using with the Intel HD Graphics 4400.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It does seem that updated Windows 10 intel graphics drivers are available for you to try out. See this page: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/97500/Graphics-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Processors . I believe that that the rendering time decrease may be significant with the QS encoding with a working updated driver. You can try the automatic update utility.
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Tomasc,
AFAIK the graphics drivers are up to date. I went thru this for other reasons, and it's confusing, because when installed, in device manager the driver version number reported doesn't match the intel details for it in their update page.

I'm not fussed about it - the program works for the small number of occasions I produce files without hardware acceleration. I just reported it here as a 'be aware' item for anyone else who may have the issue be concerned about it.

JL,
As to short content - I learned years ago that it was better/easier to do an editing project with short items that can be assembled later with a menu if needed, rather as a long epistle in a single file. Among other things, makes motivation easier when there's obvious progress to the finish line.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2021 21:06

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote JL,
As to short content - I learned years ago that it was better/easier to do an editing project with short items that can be assembled later with a menu if needed, rather as a long epistle in a single file. Among other things, makes motivation easier when there's obvious progress to the finish line.

It's not a matter of what's better/easier for you, the discussion was FVRT, a technology. A 12 min timeline probably only takes a few minutes to render to DVD HQ with your i3-4170. So, if a few minutes goes to 1 minute, it's really of little real value as I stated. If it's taking much longer than that because of say color corrections applied, FVRT won't provide any benefit for that, so no faster rendering, again, of little real value as I stated.

I don't believe I've ever seen drivers referenced in a dxdiag not match version numbers when properly updated.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
This issue can be solved in a few weeks. Report the issue to Cyberlink support with an attached DxDiag.txt. The first thing they may do is to suggest a cumulative package that may include your exact same intel driver. Install it and retry the project. I wasn’t able to repeat a problem reported by another user after installing the same exact driver in a different package 5 years ago.
Davidk101
[Post New]
Tomasc,
Reporting issue to CL support - how, specifically?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2021 02:42

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sign in to Cyberlink. Go here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html . Click the large square Contact Us button on the right. Fill in the information in the form and submit the form.
Davidk101
[Post New]
Done. This topic cited also.
Got the thanks message after submit, but no reference number for later correspondence if any. Be nice to have that - I'll mention it when then follow up happens.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Done. This topic cited also.
Got the thanks message after submit, but no reference number for later correspondence if any. Be nice to have that - I'll mention it when then follow up happens.

Things change all the time. You will not given a ticket # now but should receive it in a reply in the next few days. I am still waiting for a reply for my last ticket but did receive a ticket # on an automated reply.
Davidk101
[Post New]
I've had a reply from CL, asked for more data, including the produce function using a PD18 sample video. Presumably to use a known clip entity in invetsigating. But I can't find any sample videos in the PD menus or rooms. Maybe I'm missing something - any ideas re where to find such samples???
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Unless you've turned the option off in settings, you should have a number of sample files load when you start a new project.

They change from version to version, but I think you should have the video of the guy skateboarding in 18.
 Filename
2021-01-19-12-34-00.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
After checking the box and clicking OK shown in Philiwild’s screenshot, you need to close and reopen PD18 to see those sample files.
Davidk101
[Post New]
Hi,
Yep, that option was turned off. I have no idea why - and no memory of doing it if the default is on.

And the skateboard sample was what I needed.

Thanks

David
Davidk101
[Post New]
More on this.
Opening a project, gives me the fairly extensive library of imported clips I'm using. Several pages of them. I found early on using PD that extra library items sorted in alpha order were just complicating finding clips when needed. So expecting that, I have been selecting No to the library merge question: working with the imports is what most people do. I'd just forgotten why I did that and what it meant. Choose yes and the samples are mixed in the library.

As a result of 'no' to the merge question, the samples are just not present in the project library. If a sample is needed, there is no way to find them in the menus, except by closing the project and re-opening, and choosing yes to the merge question: that gives the samples mixed in the library immediately.

I think it woud be much more convenient to have the samples available for the installed PD version accessible (mixed/merged in the library or not) as an item in the media content list, just like colour boards, and backgrounds are: choose the item, see the sample clips. I've submitted feedback to this effect. No idea if or even when it may happen.

There have been 2 updates to PD18; already PD19 is out: is it likely CL will provide more updates to PD18??