Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector not returning to PowerDirector
Brian108 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 30, 2018 04:41 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
After using Photodirector in any of its departments, when done it used to take me back into Powerdirector with the altered image. Now it doesn't. I end up having to use PhotoDirector separately which is much less efficient. Has something changed? I have installed the latest update but still, it's not working. Can anyone help?
[Post New]
Hello Brian,

That's an odd issue, & one I'm unable to replicate here in PhD12 or PhD365. Which versions of PDR & PhD are you currently using?

After round tripping from PDR to PhD, then making adjustments and clicking "Back", what happens???

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Brian108 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Brian,

That's an odd issue, & one I'm unable to replicate here in PhD12 or PhD365. Which versions of PDR & PhD are you currently using?

After round tripping from PDR to PhD, then making adjustments and clicking "Back", what happens???

PIX

Thanks for replying Pix. I have the PowerDirector 365 Suite subscription which I presume means that everything is up to date. The latest PowerDirector 19 and PhotoDirector 365. I tried the 'update buttons' but currently I have the latest versions apparently. When I click 'Back' it crashes to the desktop. When I click on PowerDirector which is still open, the file I have altered is there in its altered condition. So the process works but it just doesn't return to Powerdirector, which it has done for many months before. Even more strange is that sometimes it does return to PDR, but more so now it doesn't. I thought that maybe the latest December update might fix it, sadly it hasn't.

Thanks for any help.

Brian
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I just tried a few things on my desktop and got some puzzling results because the Always enter full mode checkbox on PhD's Preferences | General tab was enabled.

At first, clicking on the PhotoDirector button in PD momentarily minimized PD but then it came back a second later with no sign of PhD at all. If I manually opened PhD and clicked on the button in PD, a message appeared that PhD needed to switch to "Light mode" and would need to be restarted, but it still didn't launch.

After deselecting that option in PhD, everything began working normally when calling it from PD. Even after re-enabling that checkbox, the message about restarting in "Light mode" would appear (after clicking on the button in PD) but now PhD appears, operates and returns to PD properly.

My suggestion is to check and then uncheck that PhD option and try calling it from PD after each change and see if that gets the roundtrip functionality back.
[Post New]
Puzzling indeed, optodata! surprised

I have just tested the same scenario here, using both PDR19/PhD12 and PDR19 365 Business/PhD12 365, & have observed that whether PhD's Launcher preferences are set to "Always enter full mode" makes no difference. In both cases, using both versions, when PhD is called up it responds then returns to PDR after adjustment.

Puzzling indeed!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Brian108 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I just tried a few things on my desktop and got some puzzling results because the Always enter full mode checkbox on PhD's Preferences | General tab was enabled.

At first, clicking on the PhotoDirector button in PD momentarily minimized PD but then it came back a second later with no sign of PhD at all. If I manually opened PhD and clicked on the button in PD, a message appeared that PhD needed to switch to "Light mode" and would need to be restarted, but it still didn't launch.

After deselecting that option in PhD, everything began working normally when calling it from PD. Even after re-enabling that checkbox, the message about restarting in "Light mode" would appear (after clicking on the button in PD) but now PhD appears, operates and returns to PD properly.

My suggestion is to check and then uncheck that PhD option and try calling it from PD after each change and see if that gets the roundtrip functionality back.

Thanks for the info Optodata. When I opened PhD I noticed the 'full mode' check box was not enabled so I enabled it. It now seems to return to PD as it should do, (so far anyway). Thanks for the help.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the info Optodata. When I opened PhD I noticed the 'full mode' check box was not enabled so I enabled it. It now seems to return to PD as it should do, (so far anyway). Thanks for the help.

I'm glad to hear that worked!

It seems like the PD -> PhD -> PD process needs some stored setting to be in a specific state, but on some systems that state isn't set correctly during installation or upgrade.

Once the Full Mode box is manually checked, the stored setting is finally intitialized and the procedure works as intended from that point on, even if Full Mode is later unchecked.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2021 14:08