Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to import from camera?
JESSICA123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2018 13:26 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
I usually just insert my SD card into a tower and my files are imported, they are from Canon, and a CR2 format.

Well I just moved my photo editing upstairs, bought a new monitor to do some better edits, but the tower doesn't have a card reader. So I had that 'aha' moment to import from camera.

However, every time I try to do it I get this message "Photodirector only supports the import of bmp, heif, jpg, phi, png, raw and tiff".

Cr2 is RAW!

I have uploaded drivers and exhausted all my efforts.

How can I use this feature??

Jessica
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Are you trying to import individual photos or the entire folder? Are you trying to drag and drop the photos from File explorer into PhD or are you using the Import... dialog box like this?

PhD has trouble importing photos from drives that don't have a drive letter assigned to them, so if your camera shows up in File Explorer but it doesn't have a drive letter assigned to it, this article describes one way to do that.
[Post New]
Hello JESSICA123,

I rarely import photos directly from the camera, but have done. I've never had trouble with my Sony & Nikon cameras, but I just plugged in an older Canon DSLR and (after some time) PhD told me it could find no photos! That, of course, isn't true.

The simplest way around it is to:

1. Attach your camera via USB cable, then turn it on.

2. Navigate to This PC\Canon EOS xxxxxxx\SD\DCIM

3. Select the photos you'd like to import

4. Transfer them to a folder on your PC

5. Open PhD & import the photos from that folder.

... or buy a portable card reader.

PIX PIX YouTube channel