Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trimming Image won't snap/align to audio track
SpoonyPizzas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2019 17:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

So I have some video footage and some images on the same track. In the past (PD15) when I trimmed the image, it snapped to the audio below on another track.

With PD19 - it doesn't seem to do that, meaning to trim the image to match the audio end I have to zoom right in and adjust the length of the image.

Hopefully that made sense!!

Imagine my timeline looks like this:-

Track 1 VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Track 2 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

V = Video
I = Image
A = Audio

So as I'm trimming the image (I) by dragging back to the end of the audio track.... it doesn't snap to the end of it. It's loose, therefore the image could be shorter or longer than the audio track without zooming right in and adjusting carefully.

Probably complicated matters.... but hopefully you'll understand

Anyway I can get that snap back?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Make sure you have Enable snap to clips in timeline turned on on the Preferences | Editing screen.

Hold down the Alt key while moving/dragging/trimming a clip to momentarily turn it off if you don't want it.
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue. Enable snap to clips in timeline is checked. This must be a bug. PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32 GB RAM
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Can you make a screen recording so we can see what it looks like on your system?

Post a link to it on YouTube or upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here. If the recording is <100MB, you can simply use the Attachments button below the forum's text box.
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Can you make a screen recording so we can see what it looks like on your system?

Post a link to it on YouTube or upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here. If the recording is <100MB, you can simply use the Attachments button below the forum's text box.

I'm about to write a support inquiry to CyberLink Support Center. I'll come back later with more info. Hopefully I won't have to make any screen recording then.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
This observation can also occur when one activates "Enlarge timeline scale for audio track" in the pref. This allows one to cut, trim, and position the audio at non video frame intervals. As such, the video won't snap to the end of an audio clip as there is no integer frame there.

Jeff
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This observation can also occur when one activates "Enlarge timeline scale for audio track" in the pref. This allows one to cut, trim, and position the audio at non video frame intervals. As such, the video won't snap to the end of an audio clip as there is no integer frame there.

Jeff

That one is not activated. PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
32 GB RAM
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
The support gave me a link to the latest version, 2808. This one does not seem to have this behavior.

When upgrading via the app commercial "For a faster experience" I didn't get the latest version, despite that it had been released a couple of days before. I got the 2521 patch. PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
32 GB RAM