Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't disable virtual drive
"Blackadder" [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2020 17:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i am trying to migrate my programs to a new computer.

I installed the free version of Power2Go 13. IWhen I try to "Disable virtual drive", "OK" stays grayed out. I have now three virtual drives tking up letters, and can't make them go awat/
andyr169 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2021 17:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote i am trying to migrate my programs to a new computer.

I installed the free version of Power2Go 13. IWhen I try to "Disable virtual drive", "OK" stays grayed out. I have now three virtual drives tking up letters, and can't make them go awat/

Did you ever get resolution with this issue? I've installed version 13 and now having the same problem. In previous versions there was an "Open with Virtual Drive" option on the ISO files that allowed unmounting/disabling of the drive. That option seems to be GONE!
[Thumb - DisableScreen1.PNG]
 Filename
DisableScreen1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
21 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible that the virtual drive may be in use. Try this: Open Windows file explorer. Navigate to This PC/ See the Mounted virtual drive icon and Right mouse click on it. Click Eject on the popup window to remove it.
andyr169 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2021 17:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It is possible that the virtual drive may be in use. Try this: Open Windows file explorer. Navigate to This PC/ See the Mounted virtual drive icon and Right mouse click on it. Click Eject on the popup window to remove it.

I've tried this approach and while it unmounts the ISO file, it leaves the drive letter in use and virtual drive can't use the drive again or disable it. Basically the EJECT option leaves the drive letter in use until next reboot.

BTW - I've verified that VirtualDrive.exe is not running through task manager when the Ok button is disabled.

Is there a command line option for Virtual Drive that can be used to unmount the drive?

Anything else I should try?
BluePT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2020 05:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

I've tried this approach and while it unmounts the ISO file, it leaves the drive letter in use and virtual drive can't use the drive again or disable it. Basically the EJECT option leaves the drive letter in use until next reboot.

BTW - I've verified that VirtualDrive.exe is not running through task manager when the Ok button is disabled.

Is there a command line option for Virtual Drive that can be used to unmount the drive?

Anything else I should try?

I have the same problem! I did some investigation and I concluded: Power2Go 13 Virtual Drive is not fully compatible with Windows10!!! I contacted support 6 months ago and they didnt solved the problem! Shame on you Cyberlink!!!
Rick_G [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2022 15:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

I have the same problem! I did some investigation and I concluded: Power2Go 13 Virtual Drive is not fully compatible with Windows10!!! I contacted support 6 months ago and they didnt solved the problem! Shame on you Cyberlink!!!

This is a workaround but on a WIndows system, open windows explorer, find the virual drive, right click and select "eject" and that should close it out

Edit: I just saw that someone else posted this fix
Sorry folks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2022 15:13