Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burn DVD Folder???
Kevin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2009 12:47 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
***Edit***

Sorry, this should have been posted to version 7 forum

***End Edit***

I've been having some problems with bad burns. I think its partially my hardware. I bought some higher quality DVDs and that has helped, but I still get a bad burn every now and then.

What I don't understand is when I am in the Create Disk feature, the application crunches numbers for a really long time and finally burns the DVD. That's understandable, I'm not burning a native DVD formatted video. What I don't understand is why, after my burning has failed, it has to process the video for 30 minutes again. I would hope it would cache the result of the processing and immediately start burning again. I selected the option to create a DVD folder, which I would hope the program could use to burn a DVD, but nope. Help file says practically nothing about DVD folders or VOB files.

Any one got some tips for me? So far, I'm not very impressed with this product, but maybe I just need to direction.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2009 16:35

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Produce it to MPEG 2 HQ first. Then use that to create your DVD. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Kevin [Avatar]
[Post New]
I assume then that this method doesn't work with 'Smart Fit'.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Should. The only thing my suggestion does is encode the video into the correct format for DVD so it takes less work when you actually do create the DVD. Produce to MPEG 2 HQ. Remove everything from the timeline and place that new video into the timeline. Create chapters, if desired. Then create DVD as normal. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
[Post New]
If the DVD folder is properly created, but just the burn fails. Then open that folder using Nero, or similar burning software, and burn from there. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Kevin [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK. Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.