Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MP4 1920x1080 rendering problem
[Post New]
I have been rendering 1920x1080 resolution MP4 video files that play fine when played on PowerDVD16 but not by some players. At church we have a camera and software system that creates MP4 files. It will play the ones it creates but not the one I create. After some investigation, I determined that the MP4 files created by PowerDirector have a resolution of 1920x1088 (see attachment), not 1080.
I can take a 1920-1080 MP4 video load it into PD, re-render and it renders as 1920x1088. A file rendered as 1280x720 renders as 1280x736. This is disconcerting.

My PowerDirector information is:
PowerDirector Version: 19.1.2321.0 (64-bit)
Versyion type: 365
SR number: VDE201109-03

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2020 13:30

Paul C
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There is a limit to how big a forum attachment can be. It used to be 5MB and now it's at least 50MB, so for bigger attachments you have to upload to a cloud service like OneDrive or Google Drive and share a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details.

Also, were you producing with the default produce settings or one that was created by the Profile Analyzer? If you're willing to share, please include a clip straight from your camera as well as a version produced by PD19 so we can evaluate both.
[Post New]
Quote There is a limit to how big a forum attachment can be. It used to be 5MB and now it's at least 50MB, so for bigger attachments you have to upload to a cloud service like OneDrive or Google Drive and share a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details.
Also, were you producing with the default produce settings or one that was created by the Profile Analyzer? If you're willing to share, please include a clip straight from your camera as well as a version produced by PD19 so we can evaluate both.

I have attached a 15 second segment of the PD rendered video, along with the properties of the rendered video and the properties of the original 33 minute video created by the camera system we use at church. The input video is 1.2 gig and too large to upload.

Thank you for your help.

Copy of PD settings used to render the MP4

Properties of the source video

<video controls="controls" width="300" height="150">
<source src="C:\Pictures\2 Church\Service Recomposition\Test MP4 Rendering.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>
[Post New]
I obviously don't know how to upload attachments. I will find some help and repost the attachments referenced in the previous post. Paul C
[Post New]
Sorry, I completely overlooked the Attachments button at the bottom and was trying to find it amongst the icons across the top.
I have attached 2 shots of the properties of the source video and the PD produced video, along with the settings used to produce the video.
[Thumb - Source Video properties.jpg]
 Filename
Source Video properties.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Properties of source MP4 video
 Filesize
124 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - MP4 Settings.jpg]
 Filename
MP4 Settings.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD settings used to produce video
 Filesize
239 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Test MP4 Rendering properties.jpg]
 Filename
Test MP4 Rendering properties.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Properties of video produced by PD
 Filesize
138 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Paul C
[Post New]
I created a 15 second segment from the source video.
 Filename
Test MP4 Rendering.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
15 second segment of video produced by PD
 Filesize
16909 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
73 time(s)
Paul C
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I wouldn't trust the windows property box for video, it has notoriously been incorrect.

I checked about 5 different utilities that report framesize and they all shown 1920x1080, MediaInfo is free and used by many. Any chance your church equipment simply can't play H.265 videos? I’d try to create a H.264 MP4 file and see if it will play that.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote I wouldn't trust the windows property box for video, it has notoriously been incorrect.

I checked about 5 different utilities that report framesize and they all shown 1920x1080, MediaInfo is free and used by many. Any chance your church equipment simply can't play H.265 videos? I’d try to create a H.264 MP4 file and see if it will play that.

Jeff

No, It plays MP4, MPG, and WMV. It creates MP4 which I then edit to remove the 15 minute lead in and any excess trailer. However, as I think about it, maybe when loading a video, it checks the properties and sees an incorrect height and won't play it. My Windows Explorer shows correct height for everything but MP4 and it is incorrect for both 1280x1720 and 1920x1080 and our video computer will not read it (altho' the other computers will), so there is something peculiar about the PD video.

Thanks for your help Paul C
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No, It plays MP4, MPG, and WMV. It creates MP4 which I then edit to remove the 15 minute lead in and any excess trailer. However, as I think about it, maybe when loading a video, it checks the properties and sees an incorrect height and won't play it. My Windows Explorer shows correct height for everything but MP4 and it is incorrect for both 1280x1720 and 1920x1080 and our video computer will not read it (altho' the other computers will), so there is something peculiar about the PD video.

Saying it plays MP4 is totally insufficient. There are H.264 MP4 files and H.265 MP4 files among other variants. You created a H.265 MP4 file in PD which many players can struggle with, especially if older. Are the ones that it plays at church H.264 MP4 files?

Jeff
[Post New]

Saying it plays MP4 is totally insufficient. There are H.264 MP4 files and H.265 MP4 files among other variants. You created a H.265 MP4 file in PD which many players can struggle with, especially if older. Are the ones that it plays at church H.264 MP4 files?

Jeff

That is probably the answer. I will create an H.264 video and see if it will play at church. I am guessing that is the case. Will let you know.

Thanks a bunch! Paul C
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The uploaded 15 seconds hevc Test MP4 Rendering.mp4 plays okay here. The Windows/Properties/Detail show a frame height of 1080 on my pc instead of the 1088 Paul shows on the 2 minute clip propertes on his pc. See the attached. Windows issues??
[Thumb - PaulC.jpg]
 Filename
PaulC.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
downloaded Test MP4 Rendering.mp4 properties
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote The uploaded 15 seconds hevc Test MP4 Rendering.mp4 plays okay here. The Windows/Properties/Detail show a frame height of 1080 on my pc instead of the 1088 Paul shows on the 2 minute clip propertes on his pc. See the attached. Windows issues??

I create a video file using H.264 instead of H.265. Windows Exporer showed the properties as 1920x1080. I am confident that is my issue. Paul C