Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 10 freezes/processes slowly, sporadically.
Algoessailing [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2020 10:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PD seems to freeze or at least process information very slowly from time to time. Ex, when I click on "split" it will do nothing for 1 to two minutes, then split the frame. Or if I try to crop a video, it will open the window but often not show the image, just the grid lines and I cannot do anything for several minutes. Many times saving, closing, and restarting program fixes the problem but that takes as much time as just waiting for it to process. This does not occur all the time, I might go two hours without a problem then start freezing during every action until i restart the program.

I started watching stats in task manager while this was happening but it didn't show anything being maxed, so i don't think it is a PC problem.

CPU was around 50% i7-4770 3.4 G quad core

RAM was between 3.9 and 4.4 of 12 total

GPU was less than 25% of 2G total (intel 4600, don't judge me lol)

Windows 10 64 bit

PD version 10.0.5.3103

I run programs, including PD, on my SSD and have several HDDs to store files, including all the files that I am using in PD (processing usually isn't slow, so Im assuming this configuration isn't effecting performance)

Im really not sure what other info would be helpfull or relevant. Also, please assume that I know less than you about computers, because I probably do
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Im really not sure what other info would be helpfull or relevant. Also, please assume that I know less than you about computers, because I probably do

It appears that you have an oem version of PD10. It is 9 years old and does not support newer video formats. There is no hardware support for h.265(hevc) video files in the description of your pc. That could give the symptoms that you described when working with 4k and/or hevc video files.

It is okay as you have indicated when working with different types of video files. Use mediainfo to determine the type of video files you have. Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page . On the timeline, right mouse click on the problem clip and select View properties. Take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply.