Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Enough Is Enough
Jaybo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2018 17:55 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I thought 8.0.0 was bad.

So bad I made a YouTube video about it. I had intended to post a link but the forum doesn't permit this.

Anyway, I had foolishly hoped 8.0.1 might have improved the issues of 8.0.0

Has it funk. Its added a funking sleigh. Grrrrreat.

Tonight I attempted to make a video with no video, no music, just images.

It still hangs.

Tried deleting the cache

Tried uninstall/install.

Still useless.

So that's me done. In the 24+ months since I bought the Pro version, I've had maybe 8 good months. The rest has been nothing but heartache.

I cannot express how much I loathe Cyberlink.

My theory is that they are deliberately destroying the pro version to force Pro users to subscribe instead.

That won't happen in my case. As soon as I press submit I will be approaching Google to get a refund.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2020 21:44

Jaybo [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK. One last thing I thought of trying was uninstalling 8.0.1 and rolling back to a version earlier than 8.0.0

Can anyone direct me to a safe .apk download for 7.anythjng earlier than 8.0.0

Please?

For fun I have also asked the following sources the same question I asked above.....

1) Some blackfly larvae in my pond filter
2) Cyberlink customer support

No reply from either so far. I thought I'd blow the game wide open by throwing you guys into the equation too.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So that's me done. In the 24+ months since I bought the Pro version, I've had maybe 8 good months. The rest has been nothing but heartache.

My theory is that they are deliberately destroying the pro version to force Pro users to subscribe instead.

I can't help with your request but I am intrigued by your post. You said you paid for the Pro version but CyberLink doesn't have a pro version. The only option I've found for a Pro version is on 3rd party websites. The APK from a 3rd party site is not CyberLink approved. The only CyberLink approved versions of the app are provided through the Play Store or the App store via a subscription. Could your issues be caused by the unapproved APK? I'm not sure CyberLink is to blame when using an APK. I'm wondering if using the official CyberLink subscription (which I can see you don't want to do) through the App store or Play store would help you achieve better results?

Regardless of what you choose to do (go with a different app, etc.) I wish you all the best. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Jaybo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Maliek

If only it were that straightforward. You see....

Once upon a long, long time ago, there was no such thing as a Premium Subscription.

Users could either have the free version or the pro version. It was a one off payment of approx. £9.00 from the Google play store. I will show you the ereceipt if I can figure out how to upload a screen shot.

Pro users had full access and then an option to buy any new transitions, titles, effects as and when they were released.

Then somebody at Cyberlink decided it would be far more lucrative to change to a subscription service.

Since the pro users had already paid for the full package + add ons, they had no choice but to let us continue to use the app (reluctantly).

To begin with they took away all of the add ons I had bought. I had to squabble to get them back. I wasn't even bothered about the new titles they brought out. A child could do better.

Then they released 8.0.0 and it slowed right down. Continually hanging for upto 30 seconds aftef EVERY edit.

Then 8.0.1 which is worse, literally unusable. It freezes for minutes at a time.

I had almost completed a 20 minute video on 12th December. All I had to do was the ending and credits. Normally this would take me 4 or 5 hours.

In the end I had to begin a new project just for the ending and despite working on it every day since then, I still haven't completed it because I can only do one edit before it freezes for several minutes.

The project in question contains NO VIDEO on the tracks and NO MUSIC. Just images. So not exactly a RAM hogged.

You won't believe me now but I am literally having to force restart my device aftef EVERY edit because its quicker than waiting for the app to catch up.

Before 8.0.0 it ran smoothly.

IF I could be CERTAIN that the problem would go away if I subscribed then I might consider it. But I don't trust them.

I am so disheartened by all this.

So I'm going to persevere until this project is done and then try Kinemaster. Or even an old app I bought ages ago called Videos how.
[Thumb - Screenshot_20201206_210257_com.android.vending.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot_20201206_210257_com.android.vending.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Google Play Receipt
 Filesize
268 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for filling in the gaps for me. I have had the app for quite some time but did not recall that there was a non-subscription version. Are you receiving free updates through CyberLink and the Google Play Store or are you uploading the APK files from the 3rd party websites? This is what I'm referring to when I asked about who is behind the performance issues because if you updated to version 8.0 or 8.0.1 through 3rd party sites they could be to blame.

I definitely understand how the experience with the company would cause you to doubt that the subscription would fix the issue. Once you get a bad taste in your mouth about how the company treats customers it would make it hard to gain their trust again. Regardless of what app you decide to go with I wish you good luck and happy editing. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Jaybo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

The app updates automatically, I assume via the play store.

If I could find a trusted source for the apk files I would happily roll back to an earlier version.

I have a LOT of incomplete projects in my project folder. So today's waste of time has been copying all the incomplete projects to another folder. Then deleting 5he projects from the project folder. Then moving over only the project that I am attempting to work on. Yes, the same 5 minute project I have been working on for A MONTH. All it is, is some images, zooming in and out again, while fading in and out as they do so. With also a blend (the same blend) on each image. Nothing too taxing.

As already suggested - a waste of time.

I don't know why I am still bothering. All it does is make me angry. I am amazed my screen is not broken as I have literally smashed the device down in frustration more than once.

I have tried various ways of looking to see if the RAM is the issue but android diagnostics does not detect an issue.

I think the only thing left to try is a factory reset.
Jaybo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maliek... Can you play any brass instruments?

Just that I would like a fanfare please because i have FINALLY completed that short video. It's not perfect but Its reasonable, given the woes i have endured in getting it done.

Thanks for your support.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maliek... Can you play any brass instruments?

Just that I would like a fanfare please because i have FINALLY completed that short video. It's not perfect but Its reasonable, given the woes i have endured in getting it done.

Thanks for your support.

Lol! No brass instruments here but I'm happy you got the video completed. smile Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.