Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 14 emulation of BDMV folders results in Black Screen on Windows 10 Enterprise.
CrisK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2020 13:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am authoring with Scenarist on Windows 10 Enterprise and using Power DVD14 as recommended by Scenarist.

Intel Xeon 2.7Gh dual core 128 GB ram 64Bit Win10 OS with Nvidia Quadro K5000

I can play the STREAMS inside of a BDMV folder set but if I try to emulate as if a disc I only see the black screen and the right click menu.

I have read other similar issues on this forum but so far none of the remedies work in this case.

I ran the Bluray Advisor tool and it said our machine was well suited for BD playback.

I checked and my authored folders include the AUXDATA folder. Disc is authored as unencrypted, all region.

Any other gotchas I should be looking for? Thanks much.

-Cris

PS: I tried burning the disc folders to physical media and the black screen still persists. However Corel WinDVD Pro12 plays from the disc media perfectly. To clarify though, the intent is to emulate directly from the folders as advertised by Scenarist.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 16. 2020 16:26

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Where did you buy PowerDVD 14, I don't see it available anywhere?

Dave
CrisK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Where did you buy PowerDVD 14, I don't see it available anywhere?

Dave

It was bundled with our authoring package
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
My BDMV (DRM-free) folders all played fine in powerdvd.

Are your BDMV folder a complete one, which is not lack of any pieces of data?

My BDMV disc folder contains the following subfolders at least:
AUXDATA
BACKUP
BDJO
CLIPINF
JAR
META
PLAYLIST
STREAM

And these two metedata files are located at the root folder separately:
index.bdmv
MovieObject.bdmv

If your BD folder does contain all of the above folders and files, are those files properly produced by your authoring program?

I know another WinDVD might be capable of playing the folder you produced, but if the folder is not a complete or proper one, it is not surprised the folder cannot be played normally in powerdvd.

How about the playback in the latest poweredvd 20 version?

If you bring the folder to other PCs, which are not installed with NVIDIA Quadro GPU, does the folder play fine?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Intel Xeon 2.7Gh dual core 128 GB ram 64Bit Win10 OS with Nvidia Quadro K5000

The video card is a 2012 vintage Keppler. PDVD uses the DirectX video acc. on mine to display BD so you can’t do screen captures as the video is in overlay memory. You get black screens in screen captures. Try changing the video driver either to an earlier one or a later one. It may help. A different video card may work in this computer.
CrisK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions, I will dig into some of these paths and see if we can make it work!

I do belive the disc folders and files are complete because this authoring software is very stringent on the spec. I have WinDVD as well, and it will emulate the disc if I burn to physical media but not as folders.
CrisK [Avatar]
[Post New]
I t is looking more and more like the video card might be the issue. Power DVD 20 free trial has the same problem - black screen when playing back both a physical disc, a disc image or BDMV folders.
CrisK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My BDMV (DRM-free) folders all played fine in powerdvd.

Are your BDMV folder a complete one, which is not lack of any pieces of data?

My BDMV disc folder contains the following subfolders at least:
AUXDATA
BACKUP
BDJO
CLIPINF
JAR
META
PLAYLIST
STREAM

And these two metedata files are located at the root folder separately:
index.bdmv
MovieObject.bdmv

If your BD folder does contain all of the above folders and files, are those files properly produced by your authoring program?

I know another WinDVD might be capable of playing the folder you produced, but if the folder is not a complete or proper one, it is not surprised the folder cannot be played normally in powerdvd.

How about the playback in the latest poweredvd 20 version?

If you bring the folder to other PCs, which are not installed with NVIDIA Quadro GPU, does the folder play fine?

just verified that the folder structure is exacyly as above and is authored to blu-ray spec. It seems like it might be the directX issue noted below but have not been able to verify on a nother machine yet.