Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't load media into project
Tom55555 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2013 00:16 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to use PowerDirector (8.0.0) on my Pixelbook Go. The app installs fine, I can create a project no problem. But when I go to add media, only the Stock Video/Photo and capture options work. Clicking on local or Google Drive folders does exactly nothing. There are images and videos there; I can view them from elsewhere no problem; my permissions are set to allow access to storage for the app. I've reinstalled the app, but same deal: can't add video or photos to my project.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
For Google Drive, I know you have to have already signed in from within the PD Mobile app before any content will show up. You can also try the Refresh button:

On my main screen, I have several folders available from other apps

I don't know how to tell PDM to search for more folders, but you can try uninstalling/reinstalling and also open up other apps and maybe download or save some content with them and see if PDM becomes aware of the new content.
Tom55555 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Even Color Board doesn't do anything when I click it.

Quote For Google Drive, I know you have to have already signed in from within the PD Mobile app before any content will show up. You can also try the Refresh button:

On my main screen, I have several folders available from other apps

I don't know how to tell PDM to search for more folders, but you can try uninstalling/reinstalling and also open up other apps and maybe download or save some content with them and see if PDM becomes aware of the new content.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Then something is seriously amiss. If uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling doesn't change anything, you should submit a request for help to Cyberlink tech support from this page.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 11. 2020 18:10

Tom55555 [Avatar]
[Post New]
In the end I was able to resolve this by explicitly granting access to my Google account for the PDM app.

I've attached a screenshot of the resulting security alert I got on my phone.

Why PDM didn't ask, and why it showed thumbnails of the folders etc. without this access I cannot say.

Thanks for your help!
[Thumb - Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 9.21.38 AM.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 9.21.38 AM.png
[Disk]
 Description
Clip of Google Play services screenshot
 Filesize
122 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In the end I was able to resolve this by explicitly granting access to my Google account for the PDM app.

I've attached a screenshot of the resulting security alert I got on my phone.

Why PDM didn't ask, and why it showed thumbnails of the folders etc. without this access I cannot say.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for posting the solution, it'll be helpful for others to reference.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator.

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Tom55555 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Turns out it was due to a different problem: a second monitor I had plugged into my machine via USB-C to HDMI adapter. Once I unplugged the monitor, files and folders read no problem.

Thanks for posting the solution, it'll be helpful for others to reference.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Turns out it was due to a different problem: a second monitor I had plugged into my machine via USB-C to HDMI adapter. Once I unplugged the monitor, files and folders read no problem.

Apprecaite the update to the solution. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.