Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I love everything about PowerDirector except ONE thing
VincePDuser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2015 17:30 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
That one thing is that the developers of this software needs to stay up-to-date with the dimensions of social media. Why is it that a 4:5 aspect ratio is still not available? 4:5 (1080 x 1350) is quite common for Instagram and it's frustrating that I have to switch softwares just to work on a project because it's not available in PD yet...

Another thing is why won't you let us customize the dimensions ourselves rather than just have very basic and standard preset dimensions.

Take a look at this in Premiere Pro within the sequence settings and how we're able to customize the dimensions:

In my opinion, you guys need to vastly improve the 'Produce' section and allow for more freedom for customization and options. If you're too lazy to stay up-to-date with social media dimensions, all you gotta do is look at all the formats and dimensions available in Adobe Premiere Pro and add it to PowerDirector.

I did a quick google search for Instagram dimensions and found this:

I know PowerDirector has the 1:1 and 9:16 aspect ratios, but I'm not too sure about 1.91:1 (I'm too lazy right now to check PD)

Also, it's not only dimensions and formats for Instagram that I'm worried about, but there's also Facebook, Twitter, etc (I don't use those so I don't know their requirements for video uploads)

PLEASE PD, I ask the team to always stay up-to-date with social media requirements.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 08. 2020 07:19

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

As outlined in the answer (29th Nov) to your post of a few days ago the forum is not regularly or directly monitored by CL. :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83914.page#post_box_346701

Although the forum is a facility for the benefit of CL software users, hosted by CL, it does not form any formal part of Customer Service, nor does it have a formal pathway into Product Development.

It's purpose is to help members to ask for and receive help from other members who volunteer their time and experiences to assist others. No member has an obligation to do so, nor should any member automatically expect others to help.

So asking other members for advice or workarounds to an issue is fine, but no member can answer queries about product development and similar points.

There are 2 channels for you to raise your concerns, if you want to raise them to CL directly, Customer Services or use File> Rate us and Provide Suggestions menu.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do