Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't watch or pin *any* youtube videos.
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone,

How's it going? I was curious to know if anyone is currently having problems with Cyberlink 20 PowerDVD. I love this program and its been working swell for me this entire year (have a lot of vids in my library that I can rewatch when I want) but then last night and today, I'm getting messages that the content that I want to try and view (or pin) won't play. It used to be able to play anything and everything but now it won't play anything or pin anything.

The message I'm getting is in the attachments.

Is there another 'patch' that's needed for this program? Or do I just need to uninstall and reinstall this program to get it working again?

Any suggestions or advice is welcome.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2020-11-27 125448.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2020-11-27 125448.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDVD20 error message
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Simon,

This happens when Youtube updates its API, so an update is needed. You didn't mention which version of PowerDVD you were running, but there was a patch update released last month:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83431.page

Do you have "Check for product update information" enabled in General settings? A good idea to ensure you are notified about the latest patch updates.

Dave
Lynx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2020 00:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
hi,

I have the same probleme.....not possible for watching Youtube videos.

Version : 20.0.2216.62 (64bits) Edition : Ultra

Please, explain me for correcting this.

My bot on discord play youtube, why not PowerDVD ?

Thanks

regards
[Thumb - Capture1.PNG]
 Filename
Capture1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Capture2.PNG]
 Filename
Capture2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Simon,

This happens when Youtube updates its API, so an update is needed. You didn't mention which version of PowerDVD you were running, but there was a patch update released last month:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83431.page

Do you have "Check for product update information" enabled in General settings? A good idea to ensure you are notified about the latest patch updates.

Dave

Sorry Jets,

I thought I did put it down. Yes, it's Cyberlink PowerDVD 20 (I believe it's the Ultra Edition). Yes, I have the Check for product update information enabled and I did download the patch earlier think back in October or September.

I'm able to pin or play vids again (thought I think certain ones might still be blocked because of the content that's uploaded). Beyond that, everything else is fair game.

This API tool appears 2 be a pain...what exactly does it do that keeps certain types of vids from being accessible through Power DVD?
More to the point, why does it do what it does?
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
For the root cause why after YouTube updated, the 3rd-party players (e.g., powerdvd) cannot play the videos then, I think it is due to YouTube does not offer an official way to allow other 3rd-party players to access its videos online without showing advertisements.

Google YouTube and Cyberlink are two different companies running business on their own.
Yep, cyberLink should keep the functionality of this online feature as possible.

But, don't take it for granted that they should be responsible for making you able to play YouTube videos without any advertisements. It might come to an end if YouTube blocks the current access completely.

The best and official way for not getting any advertisements when watching YouTube videos: Subscribing YouTube premium.
Play a fair game and pay YouTube.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2020 03:28